California-Northern
Options

oak leigh wedding garden

Hi there-

Has anyone been to a wedding here, or is planning one? I've read some reviews that said it was pretty outdated, and odd to have the dancing off the main room. But it looks cute and affordable! And if you have been married there, do you have pics??
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: oak leigh wedding garden

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm actually in the process of planning my wedding there in March. I love this venue because you could have the wedding outdoors or indoors, the staff there(especially Melanie)is very friendly and willing to do whatever makes you happy, and the building has a cottage-y feel to it(Meaning ya its small but its cozy, there is a ton of greenery and it doesn't feel like a wedding factory like a lot of hotel ballrooms can feel)
    The place has been doing weddings for something like 20 years so at least you know it's not gonna close down anytime in the near future.

Man, I feel like I'm their own personal spokesperson. haha! 
    Cupcake Original since 2007 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just delivered a wedding cake there a few weeks ago. It was a very cute place and the picture the couple got were very nice. But it was VERY outdated IMO. I guess it just depends on what you want out of the place. I would request a tour before making any decisions or call and ask for references
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We've filmed several weddings there. It is outdated, but there's lots of cute spots to take photos and video. We don't have any footage from there on our website, but if you come in for a consultation, we'd be happy to show you what a wedding there looks like. -- Deana, Reel to Real Video, http://www.reeltorealvideo.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I too am planning my wedding there for next June and I agree with Jmot, very cute cottagey feel. I can see why someone might say it looks outdated, but I think it looks unique and doesn't look like every other venue around. I like the rustic feel of it. Plus, they were the best deal I could find around. No corkage fee, no cake cutting fee and the cake is included in your package!!! I would suggest taking a tour, but I look forward to having my wedding there next June!
  • Options
    I'm planning my wedding at Oak Leigh for September. I love the cottage feel there and we've already toured the place and deemed it nice. There is an outdoor and indoor ceremony site (in case it rains) and it the whole place is very earthy, covered in vines and has a nice natural feeling. It's one of the most affordable places I could find and you bring your own alcohol and there are no weird hidden fees, like cake cutting fees. Happy planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards