California-Northern

Fabulous (but affordable) outdoor venue!

I am starting to look for venues for both the ceremony and reception in Northern California.  We love Carmel (it's where we got engaged) but are having a really hard time finding a great outdoor venue that is affordable.  Everything just seems so very expensive.  I fell in love with the Santa Lucia Preserve and found out today that it's $14,000 Which is almost the entire wedding budget.  I love the theme black tie in a barn.  I like rustic with lots of candles.  So many ideas!  Would love to hear from other Northern California brides and brides to be!!  

Re: Fabulous (but affordable) outdoor venue!

• rlbohlingrlbohling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the rustic country feel as well i am recently engaged and looking for this in my venue this what i have found or have been sent to by others.

http://www.boaventuravineyard.com

old sugar mill 

crawfords barn

oak farm vineyards
    http://www.oakfarmvineyards.co

hannah nicole

strawberry farms -irvine ca

I dont know where exactly your located or if your willing to travel, if you have any friends or family that have property with barns you can always do it your self
  • edited December 2011
    Netsledown.  Not really my style, but seems to be very popular with those looking for a rustic, outdoorsy type of vibe.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/nestldown-los-gatos-2
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married at The Victorian Rose of Biggs.  It is about an hour or a little more away from Sacramento (heading North).  It depends on the size of your wedding and amount of guests.  the venue is very affordable and we are doing all the food, cake, linens, setup and cleanup plus much more for under 3k.

Also a lot of brides seem to like Whitney Oaks Golf Course near Rocklin I believe.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Oak Leigh is nice, small, and rustic, plus the coordinator s very helpful! 

• edited December 2011
    I adore my wedding venue of Murrieta's Well in Livermore.  It's a newish property for Wente which normally does big, upscale and fabulous weddings.  It's much smaller, holding around 110 guests maximum but has the same quality.  It's also about half the price.

If you do a spring wedding here the venue they count the spring to last all the way through the end of June and the venue fee is halved I believe.  Plus there is only a $5000 min on food and beverages.  It's pretty easy to stay right around that number too with all their options for food and drink packages.  Cake is included as well as a day of coordinator, all your linens, tables and so much. more.

It's kinda barn like being that the building itself was built around 1850 and its surrounded by vineyards.  Totally gorgeous, private and intimate.  Be warned, we had to book 13 months in advance and we got the LAST Saturday for 2011.

Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards