California-Northern

My Wedding Venue and Vendors budget and quality - Sacramento/Chico Area

My wedding will be in Biggs, CA (about an hour North of Sacramento).  It is for 70 people and I am spending no more than 6k to have a beautiful no stress elegant wedding.  I am definately a deal hunter (and a Wedding Planner/Coordinator as well but I also wanted quality).

If you contact any of the vendors tell them Mandy recommended them.

Venue-The Victorian Rose of Biggs 70 people

I am getting the venue for the ceremony and reception.  It is an outdoor/garden venue.  The owner Wanda is amazing and pretty much works as your coordinator and day of help for no extra charge.  I am getting the venue, food, cake, linens, flatware, dishes setup and cleanup for under 3k!  She allows you to chose what you want and has excellent pricing.  Not to mention the help and support Wanda has given me.  I have gained a coordinator and planner for no extra charge.  She really cares about brides having a beautiful wedding day without paying an arm and a leg.  Her husband is performing our ceremony for no charge but of course we are giving him a donation/tip for his services.

Dress - The Collective Bride

I got my wedding dress here (Yuba City) and didn't look at prices before trying them on (they have nothing over $1700 in the store.  The first dress I tried on was perfect and less than $600!

Flowers - Budding Events, Sacramento
Tracy is her name and she works out of her home (she use to work/own a floral shop).  I was going to do silk bouquets and my Coordinator (Wanda from Victorian Rose) suggested Tracy from an ad on Craigslist.  I contacted Tracy and have hired her for all my flowers (fresh flowers) for my wedding party (10 total).  My bouquet is perfect (oriental lillies and roses as well as some bling in it) and the total cost for all of it including tax is $260.  Tell her what you would like or show her a picture and she will get your flowers done for the same price if not less than silk flowers and they will be beautiful!

Rentals - Joyese Specialties, Yuba City
530-713-9545
I met Joyese at a Bridal Show.  The vases I was needing would cost about $40 elsewhere but I could rent them from her for $8 ea!  I went to her store and was pleased to find her pricing was half of that for Celebrations or any other party rental supply company.  I am getting my favors (2" acrylic diamond paperweights) for $1.50 which is lower than any price I could find anywhere even on the internet.  I am renting Manzanita Branches for $6/ea. and getting my sashes for $1 and overlays for $4.  She is great to work with and ridiculously amazing prices.  I have seen her products and they are exactly what I wanted, great quality for a great price.

If you have any questions please let me know or PM me!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: My Wedding Venue and Vendors budget and quality - Sacramento/Chico Area

• edited December 2011
    your photographer?
  • edited December 2011
    My photographer I am not having to pay for.  Being in the wedding business I met my photographer who asked to photograph my wedding for no charge (usually her packages start at $700).  I did have one previous choice in mind that ran $600.  I decided that using the free photographer as well as a future in law that takes wonderful pictures was the way to go.  My main goal with my wedding was to not have any friends or family attending having to work at the wedding. I do love my future in law's photography skills though and she want to take pictures.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards