California-Northern

Wine and Roses in Lodi?

I just got a wedding presentation portfolio, as they call it, from Wine and Roses....
I was wondering if anyone had any comments on this place????
Also, Do you know if there is a site fee? All I saw was pricing for the food per person.

Thanks!

Re: Wine and Roses in Lodi?

• edited December 2011
    We looked there and have also attended a few weddings there.  It is *gorgeous* and perfect if that's your type of venue.  The food was great and everyone had a great time.  The weddings were on the lawn with cocktail hour on the patio (one had a tent set up) and then the dinner was inside.  The inside is so pretty when it gets dark because the birch trees outside the windows are lit up so it almost looks like you're outside.  I have no complaints about the place except for the price- but you clearly get what you pay for.  

One little thing to keep in the back of your head if you do book there- one of the brides I know had her phone and purse (or wallet) stolen from the bridal room sometime during the event.  So if you do book there, don't forget to protect yourself and put someone in charge of your valuables or put them in the car.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    When we looked it was 30k min for Saturday Night for the garden and ballroom and 10k min for the smaller patio room
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't personally look into it but I've eaten dinner there quite a few times and seen one or two weddings from a distance. 

While it is VERY LOVELY, I personally do not think it's worth the $30k Sat. minimum that anglyn mentioned.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a bridal shower there, the suites are nice and spa is nice, but I thought it was way too close to the road/traffic. Not as impressed as some places in Napa/Calistoga area.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you all for your insight. After looking it over a bit I definately agree.
    Hope all is well with each you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards