California-Northern

2 Months and 9 Days

I haven't posted here much before but my wedding day is coming up on 12/18. I'm usually on the December board but there isn't anyone from my area to share with.

Invitations went out on Monday and I had three replies in the box yesterday. Locking down my vendors and things are rolling smoothly. My shower is on 11/4 and bachelorette on 12/17.

I'm really excited :)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Happily Married Since December 18th, 2010!!

Re: 2 Months and 9 Days

• edited December 2011
    Yay!  That's great!  Getting RSVP's back is always exciting.  Have fun at your shower and your bachelorette party!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • vb0000vb0000 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Since you're having your bachelorette the day before your wedding what are you planning on doing?  One of my bridesmaids can't be in town until a few days before so we'll be doing our bachelorette 2 days before the wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SuperFudge00SuperFudge00 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having a spa day at the Claremont. Everyone either gets the day pass & lunch or spa treatments & lunch. It's going to start around 10am and probably end around 2pm. Not everyone can go because this requires them to get the day off, but there's about 10 of us. I have never wanted to have a stripper so I decided a while ago that I would do something I really like, which is getting a massage. I have a feeling that my surprise shower is going to appease those who wanted a night out.

Another option that a friend of mine had was to get a box for the A's game. It was about $65pp, paying for the bride as well, and included food and alcohol (some). There were a lot of us though.

When is your wedding?
  • vb0000vb0000 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is May 14th.  

We are going to be doing a spa day as well, and I'd love for it to be at the Claremont since I've been there many times.....and that's the place where my FI proposed!!

Do you have any tips on the Claremont spa packages for bachelorette parties?

The A's box sounds like a great idea....that would be a great idea to do as a party day for the entire bridal party. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    Yes on the Claremont. Talk o Gretchen. She is totally easy to work with. What she's doing for us is providing a 20% discount on all a la carte treatments as some of the packages were way more expensive than I would expect some of my guests to purchase. Also, for those who may be a little strapped, especially because my wedding is just before Xmas, there is what is called a "Spa Ritual" which is a day pass to the grounds (pool, hot tub, gym, sauna, foofi la la showers, etc.). I believe it is $45 regularly, my guests can purchase it for $35. Everyone will be having lunch as our unifying time together. Lunch is $25pp and includes an app, meal, dessert and non-alcoholic beverage. So the lowest cost is $60, which is pretty comparable for most bachelorette parties, IMO.

Otherwise, there are specific spa packages that are available. Either contact Claremont directly and ask for Gretchen, or if you would like a faster response, you can provide me with your email address and I can send you the treatment brochure along with their basic pricing, PDF format. This does not include the 20% as you would have to negotiate that directly with Gretchen.

I think I was asking when your wedding was to se if it was during baseball season. But I don't follow baseball, lol. You'll be getting married a few days after my B-day, so I think that is a GREAT time!!!!
  • vb0000vb0000 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kristie - I tried to PM you but The Knot is saying that they can't find you as a registered user - which is dumb because I can see your profle..... 
    Is the treatment brochure you have the same one they have on their web site? or is this one specifically for groups?
    Anyway could you try and send me a private message and then I can respond with my email address?  I totally want to get send this info to my BMs.  Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    congratulations! The next two months will fly by! 
    edited December 2011
    v b......idk how to message so i cannot help. also, i think that the brochures are the same as website. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards