California-Northern

Vacation Suggestions?

Does anyone have a suggestion for a vacation spot? Preferably in the US. My DH would love to be able to drive. Thats not a must for me. Looking for something quiet, preferably out of the way place. Thinking about going in September (I know last minute) so no hurricane prone places. Near water would be nice... We are looking at staying a week. 

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. 

Re: Vacation Suggestions?

• edited December 2011
    Crescent City area up north to the Oregon border is BEAUTIFUL. And I'm from Monterey so I know there are tons of places in that area.
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker http://hannahandalec.weebly.com/ My Planning Bio-Updated 9/18
  • edited December 2011
    There is a place near Medicino called "The Tree House" (Same owners have another place called "The Boat House") They are small homes  walking distance from the beach, you can see the ocean from the deck. My BF and I went last November for our anniversary and it was BEAUTIFUL. And a short drive away is a great lighthouse you can climb to the top of and a very small meusem too. Oh, and the houses have decks with amazing views and a hot tub!! I can't wait to go back myself It's probably best for more of a weekend getaway than a long vacation just because the nearby town is small and there isn't a ton to do, but it was so relaxing! Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards