California-Northern

Outdoor Wedding/Reception in October in Saratoga, California

Hi everyone!
My fiance and I fell in love with a garden venue in Saratoga, California but found out since our date is during peak season (August 2013), the rental fee for both ceremony and reception is way above our price range (we're on a beer budget! and We knew it will be a bit more during the summer season). We don't mind moving our date to the beginning of off peak season (which is the later part of October), but I'm concerned (very concerned) about the weather.  The rental fee is dramatically less during this time, and at this point, we can't imagine getting married anywhere else.  Anyone out there attended/had/planned an outdoor wedding during the "fall" season around San Jose/Saratoga area? I know it will get cold during the night, and we are planning on renting heat lamps, too.  My worst fear is that the weather will be horrid.. thanks in advance!!

Re: Outdoor Wedding/Reception in October in Saratoga, California

• weatherunderground has historic weather information for specific dates going back at least 10 years. Just plug in the zip code and your October date and calm down. The National Weather Service has historic data, too, but the website is trickier.

Calm down because where are you normally in the Bay Area? Early October can be some of our hottest weather of the year.
  • QueerFemmeQueerFemme member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited June 2012
    The weather is perfect in the bay area in sept/october. Late oct will be cooler, but it won't be even close to "horrid"
  • I grew up in the bay area.. I think October will be okay for an outdoor wedding. It is still pretty warm in the fall and warm year round. You WILL need those heat lamps though because it does get chilly at night, even if it is the hottest day!

Which venue are you looking at? I saw some photos of Villa Montalvo and they looked beautiful.

BTW, The Weather Channel has this cool tool for checking out historical weather. I found it when I was trying to compare historical weather (and rain!) between two locations.
  • Thanks everyone! We took the plunge and booked it! Crossing fingers it will be a "warm" fall in the Bay Area next year (just like every year, according to the weather channel!)
    @Lisalamb123, we are getting married in Hakone Gardens.  Just on the other side of Villa Montalvo!
  • I lived next to Hakone Gardens for almost 15 years. My parents got married in October at the Mountain Winery and it was a beautful day. The weather in October will be gorgeous. Congrats Hakone Gardens is a great choice!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards