California-Northern
Options

Stressing Out Over Colors

My fiance and I just got engaged a couple weeks ago and the planning has begun. We have decided on a fall wedding and discussed the option of doing all the fall colors as part of our theme. I love the idea of chocolate brown bridesmaid dresses and dark brown tux for the men. I want my bridesmaids to carry orange and red and yellow flowers. My fiance does not like the idea of brown tux's. Would it look akward for my bridesmaids to wear a dark red, and still carry the fall bouqets? That way the men can have their black tux's like  they want.

Re: Stressing Out Over Colors

• Options
    hunee=pyehunee=pye member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is a good site to look at color schemes I hope you find it useful
    http://theperfectpalette.blogspot.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    DH and groomsmen wore dark chocolate brown from men's warehouse. It was such a rich brown it looked black.  You might consider showing him that, maybe it would be a nice compromise
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    apple_greenapple_green member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Red dresses and black tuxes would be great. Don't stress about colors... you have SO much more to worry about!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah don't stress off of colors, let your fiance get black tux and just make sure the red or whatever color you want their ties to be matches up with your bridesmaids.
    ~~~Lynsey~~~
  • Options
    Aimee8314Aimee8314 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree - I would browse venues and invitations and flowers....and then maybe think more about the colors.  You may find an invite that you LOVE or a theme that you adore - and the colors will fall into place. 

I'm not sure about brown tuxes either, though they super dark chocolate brown sounds pretty. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i think the color scheme with black tuxes will look fine. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Don't Stress- check ou this wedding- I think you'll like it-  The brides were in chocolate with a cardinal red accents and the grooms men wore tradational black with the same red accents- it was perfect

http://www.idovenues.com/i-do-design-pumpkin/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Don't stress out.  Marriage is full of compromises and happiness to come :)  Maybe the girls could wear chocolate brown and the guys could wear a khaki or tan type of color?  I think that would look nicer than dark brown suits for the men...  but that's just an opinion.  
    check this out:
    it's a pic of your original idea...  now you can see if you'd hate it or not!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards