California-Northern

Acoustic Guitarist Recommendations

Hey all, I've looked a bit and I cannot find what I'm looking for -- although I apologize if I didn't look hard enough and I am redundant.

I am looking for an acoustic guitarist for the ceremony music; more specifically, one who is in the North-ish Bay Area (wedding is in Suisun City near Travis AFB) and who can do some acoustic versions of popular songs - as opposed to classical/traditional wedding music.

If I don't get any recommendations here or from friends, I will post on CraigsList, but I'd rather leave that as a last resort (especially since the wedding isn't for 10 months).

Thanks!

Re: Acoustic Guitarist Recommendations

• Aimee8314Aimee8314 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How funny that you'd ask this - my mom's boyfriend's guitar teacher plays and my mom said he's AMAZING.  We're actually going to check him out tonight or next friday.  He plays at Ficelle in Winters on Friday nights.  His name is Matt.   You might want to check him out.  I was quoted at $100 per hour.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    We used Ryan Hernandez...he sang and played while I walked down the outdoor aisle, wasn't a dry eye in the house!  He is amazing.  He also did our cocktail hour, he is VERY popular in this area....all you have to do is look for him on FB or google him.  Tell him Jenn & Dave from Folsom referred him.  You can go see him play in many local bars and restaurants!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!!
    Just these couple of names should help out!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-northern_acoustic-guitarist-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:56Discussion:8795d331-83d7-43a3-9826-055f41869faaPost:16be2ea1-a586-4b20-93df-e0ff8ff8b3bf">Re: Acoustic Guitarist Recommendations</a>:
    [QUOTE]We used Ryan Hernandez...he sang and played while I walked down the outdoor aisle, wasn't a dry eye in the house!  He is amazing.  He also did our cocktail hour, he is VERY popular in this area....all you have to do is look for him on FB or google him.  Tell him Jenn & Dave from Folsom referred him.  You can go see him play in many local bars and restaurants!
    Posted by jpirrung[/QUOTE]

I tried looking on Facebook, but there are a million Ryan Hernandez's. Anyway you could narrow it down or send a link to his facebook page? :)
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you :)
  • edited December 2011
    He plays all over northern CA and you can see the all the weddings he is doing by reading his FB comments!  Good luck...he was a great addition to our wedding.  Just please tell him we referred him (Jenn & Dave - we were married at the Monte Verde Inn in Forest Hill) though he probably meets millions of brides and wont' remember us!
  • edited December 2011
    Greg Williams is excellent.
    (916) 739-6571

He plays the traditional wedding music along with Spanish style, jazz and contemporary music. Lots of Beatles, even some Led Zepplin.
  • mushEmushE member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-northern_acoustic-guitarist-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:56Discussion:8795d331-83d7-43a3-9826-055f41869faaPost:6b01fc33-de90-406c-a548-d44961dd9d0f">Re: Acoustic Guitarist Recommendations</a>:
    [QUOTE]Greg Williams is excellent. (916) 739-6571 <a href="http://www.gregwilliamsguitar.com" rel="nofollow">www.gregwilliamsguitar.com</a> He plays the traditional wedding music along with Spanish style, jazz and contemporary music. Lots of Beatles, even some Led Zepplin.
    Posted by AmyandDave2011[/QUOTE]

Greg is doing our wedding on 9/5.  We just had our consultation and picked our processional and recessional songs - all Beatles - and I couldn't be happier with the choice. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards