California-Northern

This board is too quiet! Survey time!

1) What holidays do you celebrate in December?
2) What is your favorite holiday tradition?
3) Do you have tradition you and FI have started?
4) What is your #1 item on your Christmas wishlist?
5) Do you get your shopping done really early, or are you a last minute shopper?
6) Who's family are you spending the holidays with?
7) What do you plan on getting FI?
8) What mall do you frequent most this time of year?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: This board is too quiet! Survey time!

• kaynix21kaynix21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1) What holidays do you celebrate in December? Christmas, New Years and Hanukkah.
    2) What is your favorite holiday tradition? Going to my Nana's for Christmas morning.
    3) Do you have tradition you and FI have started? We decorate a Gingerbread house together.
    4) What is your #1 item on your Christmas wishlist? Ummm...a new phone I guess. I don't really want presents, I just want to get more of this planning done!
    5) Do you get your shopping done really early, or are you a last minute shopper? Late I guess, I'll probably be done in two weeks...oops.
    6) Who's family are you spending the holidays with? Mine for Christmas. Went with his for Thanksgiving.
    7) What do you plan on getting FI?  I'm not sure yet! He wants a lot of random stuff, but I don't know what the prefect gift is yet.
    8) What mall do you frequent most this time of year? I'll visit the Galleria when I'm back in town probably.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree, super quiet!

1) What holidays do you celebrate in December?  Christmas and NYE
    2) What is your favorite holiday tradition? I love our family traditions - Christmas Eve dinner with my mom's family, Christmas morning with our immediate family, Christmas day dinner with both sides of the family, and spending a few days after Christmas with my dad's family.
    3) Do you have tradition you and FI have started? We're working on that!  We just got our first real Christmas tree together last weekend (carried it two blocks!) and decorated it together.  Going to also try to continue my family's tradition of making peppernuts (they're kinda like a mini spice cookie).
    4) What is your #1 item on your Christmas wishlist?  Camera!  Mine broke awhile ago. :\
    5) Do you get your shopping done really early, or are you a last minute shopper? I'm terrible at thinking of ideas and leave it all til the last minute, ughhh.
    6) Whose family are you spending the holidays with?  Both!  It's a whirlwind of a week.  We'll spend Christmas morning apart at our respective families one last year, but apart from that, we'll be going to at least 4 different family gatherings together (2 of his, 2 of mine).  I feel like I need to see that movie Four Christmases!
    7) What do you plan on getting FI? I got him an iPhone for his birthday, so his Christmas gift will be a little more low-key.  He wants a coffee grinder (exciiiiiiting) - I'll also throw in maybe a couple movies and a book.
    8) What mall do you frequent most this time of year?  I try to steer clear of them as much as possible, but end up in Westfield, Union Square, and Stonestown.
  • apple_greenapple_green member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Christmas and New Years Eve.

Playing board games with my family.

We go to my parents' house together on Christmas, and I make him put up the tree with me.

I couldn't think of anything good! I guess the thing I want most is a good electric mop that I just found out existed. It's so hard mopping our house that's all hardwood, tile and linoleum! So lame!

5) Do you get your shopping done really early, or are you a last minute shopper?
    Somewhere in between. I haven't started yet.

6) Whose family are you spending the holidays with?
    Mine. His doesn't really do much, so I feel lucky to get to share my family's traditions with him.

Nothing. My family does a secret santa gift exchange, so we only buy gifts for one person. I LOVE it!

None if I can help it! I live about a mile from the mall in downtown Sac.
  • edited December 2011
    Christmas, New Years Eve
    Visiting family.
    We choose and cut our own tree. :)
    A new digital camera.
    A bit of both- I get the major stuff done early and the little things as I see them.
    Mostly mine. FI's family is on the east coast.
    A video game, plus whatever is on the list he made me. lol.
    The sucky one closest to us, unless I feel like driving over Hwy 17. :/
  • edited December 2011
    Christmas and we actually had our first date in December so our dating anniversary too.

I wish we had one. Holiday dinner at DH's grandma's house.

We don't really have anything we've started. I used to give him an ornament every year but since we haven't been getting trees lately, I've stopped.

I honestly have no idea what I want for Christmas...

I plan to shop next weekend but my list is very small

definitely his. 

I was thinking a PS3 or a blu ray player

none if I can help it.. 
  • edited December 2011
    My birthday yay! Christmas and New Year's Eve and my future sister-in-law's birthday as well as my best friends birthday. =) I <3 December.

Getting together with my family and eating tons of food!

We go sleep over at his parents house on Christmas Eve and then we go hang out with my family after lunch on Christmas and celebrate again!

Considering my fiance got me my first Coach purse for my birthday recently, (yay! I finally graduated to a big girl purse...I used to carry only Hello Kitty purses!) I'm not expecting an extravagant gift from him. I do however have a list of of products from Sephora and I wouldn't mind sexy pieces from Victoria's Secret. =)

I'm a last minute shopper! I know that's bad but I figure I know exactly what to get by the time I go shopping.

6) Whose family are you spending the holidays with?
    Both families of course, they are both local.

I plan on getting him his favorite fragrance by Lacoste since he ran out and man products from Sephora as well since he's out. Also, some fuzzy socks from Bath and Body, he steals mine! LOL

I live in Tampa, FL so unfortunately not any in Northern Cali. =(
    "All adventurous women do."-GIRLS
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards