California-Northern

Looking for location where I can use my own vendors...DJ, Caterer, etc.

Every location I'm finding requires we use their list of vendors.  I have friends who could provide music, food, photography and would like to use them. Any ideas of really cute, initimate locations for a ceremony/reception in the East Bay area? 

Re: Looking for location where I can use my own vendors...DJ, Caterer, etc.

• THANK YOU cmgilpinI was looking into the Brazilian Room at Tilden Park and did notice the Non-Catering option as well, $600 for an event ending after 7pm. I guess the "volunteers" must attend an orientation prior to the event. Hmmmm.  This in on my list of venues and super close to where we live.  Thanks for the feedback ann best wishes to you!!
  • Wow, the non catered fee at the Brazilian Room is a lot higher than at MLK Shoreline Center!   Lucky for me I wanted something more casual !

As far as the volunteer orientation, its not that big of a deal.  I am not even bringing the same people to the orientation who are actually going to do most of the work.  We are bringing a couple of friends who happen to have time to come with us.  Really, they just want you to know what you have to clean ... and give you information on when the ranger will come lock the doors, etc.  When I talked to them, they said the whole orientation takes about 30 minutes, at most. 

The reason they do this, is the "approved caterers" have keys to the buildings, so the ranger doesn't have to come and unlock or lock the building.  That's why they charge the extra fee.
  • jpymmjpymm member
    First Comment
    Shadelands Ranch in Walnut Creek will let you use your own vendors.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards