California-Northern

PSA: For those waiting on their marriage certificate....

I just got my certified marriage certificate today, yippy. The minister we used to officiate our marriage sent it in on 9/14/10 and it was just filed with the clerk-recorder's office on 9/22. So for those who are changing their last name or need a certified copy for insurance purposes, etc, allow 8-10 business days for the license to turn into a certificate.

Now off to the social security office and then the trip to the DMV will follow next week Wink
~~~Lynsey~~~

Re: PSA: For those waiting on their marriage certificate....

• Aimee8314Aimee8314 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that's so exciting!!!  Congrats!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the heads up! I was just thinking about it (even though we just sent ours in on Friday)
    Photobucket
  • mushEmushE member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That seems long for it to be filed, but I guess if you mean that's how long it took to get it back, that makes sense.  Ours was mailed 9/6, and filed 9/8.  Our officiant situation was really weird, though, so we didn't get a copy through the officiant.

But my PSA would be for the Fair Oaks office - I popped in one day to get a certified copy (you have to notarize your signature if you order by mail) and there was no wait time, and the clerk printed it out in the time it took me to write a check for the fee.  Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards