California-Northern

Equipment rental

Hi all,

We want to play slideshow at our wedding reception.  We got quotes from several equipment company for projector and screen rental.  They all ask for 200-300 dollars.  Is this price reasonable?  Can we find a better deal?

Thank you!

Alessa

Re: Equipment rental

• edited December 2011
    depending on who you are using for your DJ, i interviewed a DJ who rents his for $75. So if you haven't found a dj yet, maybe this would be a good option?
    $200 is prob reasonable but seems like a lot to me for a projector.  Does your venue have them to rent? they may cut you a deal
  • alessaycyalessaycy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One DJ we interviewed has cheap equipment for rent, but we prefer somebody else better...  Our venue doesn't have anything for rent.  I am reluctant to spend two or three hundred bucks renting a projector since you can buy a new one for 500 dollars. Maybe I should just skip the whole thing. :(
  • edited December 2011
    which dj did you interview?

I talked to Dan Doyle of platinum entertainment group.  he was awesome!
  • alessaycyalessaycy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We talked to Dan too.  He is a cool guy. Unfortunately my fiance got too overwhelmed and we decided to hire another DJ. 
  • edited December 2011
    who are you using? we are looking for someone good and inexpensive. Some of the onesin this area are really expensive.
  • edited December 2011
    That is standard going rate-  if you are using a planner- they may have, DJ often times have and if you are getting equiptment form a standard equiptment co- they may have as well- 

If you need general inspiration- check out
    http://www.idovenues.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards