California-Northern
Options

Inviting those that you already know are not coming.

I am sending out my invitations this week and have been informed by several friends that they have family commitments, and pregnancies keeping them from attending which are ALL very understanding.  However, since I have sent them Save the Dates, am I obligated to send them an invitation, knowing that they are not coming?  HELP!

Re: Inviting those that you already know are not coming.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Save the Dates usually implies that an invitation will follow. You never know if you send them the invite if their prior engagement might have cleared up by the time the RSVP is due. 

I sent invites to everyone I sent a Save the Date. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I would send them an invitation as well. Even though you know they can't make it, it is still a nice gesture to send them an invitation so that they still feel part of your special day. Not to sound gift-hungry or anything, but they will most likely send you and FI a present even if they can't make it =)
    "All adventurous women do."-GIRLS
  • Options
    Aimee8314Aimee8314 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    what cdomanta said. :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    kaynix21kaynix21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, do send them. At least they'll get an invitation and feel included and all even though they can't attend.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes you need to send an invite. You may also want to add a personal note as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    156image 108image 48image RSVP Due 5/18
    New Bio
  • Options
    adgenyaadgenya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yup, send them one.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Agreed.  I actually had someone tell us when he got the STD that they wouldn't be able to come because of his wife's health (she has severe lung cancer).  Anyway, the invite went out, and he says he will be able to join us, as his wife's family will be visiting, and want to spend the time taking care of her!.

So you never know.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards