California-Northern

Inexpensive Wedding Dresses?

Hey everyone! Just starting my wedding planning and wanted to know if anyone had ideas of where to shop for an inexpensive wedding dress? I'm looking to spend less than $500, which I know is pretty close to impossible. I'm looking for a simple dress with a vintage inspiration if possible. Thank you for any suggestions!

Re: Inexpensive Wedding Dresses?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-northern_inexpensive-wedding-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:56Discussion:f232d0f9-4d83-4543-9e50-97adf3243fbePost:f17e2c67-c58f-4218-9b3d-c5a03a869f6f">Inexpensive Wedding Dresses?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey everyone! Just starting my wedding planning and wanted to know if anyone had ideas of where to shop for an inexpensive wedding dress? I'm looking to spend less than $500, which I know is pretty close to impossible. I'm looking for a simple dress with a vintage inspiration if possible. Thank you for any suggestions!
    Posted by amandamari[/QUOTE]

My best suggestion for that price is Davids Bridal or sample sales.  Start calling around to salons around you and ask them when their sample sales will be.  I scored an awesome Mori Lee at Trudys in San Jose for $370.00.   I am pretty sure most sample sales at most salons happen around late Feb/early March. But, it may be a good idea just to call an be honest.  You'll have quite a lot of options at Davids Bridal for under $500.00.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-northern_inexpensive-wedding-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:56Discussion:f232d0f9-4d83-4543-9e50-97adf3243fbePost:c4a3452b-0fdd-4100-a9b5-6574deca6c3f">Re: Inexpensive Wedding Dresses?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Inexpensive Wedding Dresses? : My best suggestion for that price is Davids Bridal or sample sales.  Start calling around to salons around you and ask them when their sample sales will be.  I scored an awesome Mori Lee at Trudys in San Jose for $370.00.   I am pretty sure most sample sales at most salons happen around late Feb/early March. But, it may be a good idea just to call an be honest.  You'll have quite a lot of options at Davids Bridal for under $500.00.
    Posted by cmgilpin[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I actually made an appointment at David's Bridal.. After looking at their website, I realized that they had a lot more options under 500 than I originally thought. I will be going next Sunday! YAY
  • Yes, David's is AMAZING!!!  Especially right now, while they have a sale on. :)
  • you can also check out Bay Area Bridal in Cupertino. They just moved locations so were having a sale and I think its still going on.  I didn't get a sample sale dress, but even there regualr priced dresses were very affordable. I loved every dress I put on!

Anniversary
  • I got my Alfred Angelo dress for $400 at Brides & Maids in Santa Rosa.  They had a bunch of dresses under $1000, which is what I was looking for.  Good luck!
  • I got my Alfred Angelo dress for $400 at Brides & Maids in Santa Rosa.  They had a bunch of dresses under $1000, which is what I was looking for.  Good luck!
  • Also take a look a white or cream bridesmaid dresses. Often times you can find beautiful dresses that aren't technically wedding dresses but still have the look you want for a very reasonable price!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards