October 2012 Weddings

coming off BC

I finish my pack on Saturday and won't be starting a new one. We are not necessarily TTC but now that were married if it happens, it happens. I HATE taking anything so I'm just going to go back off it.
Out of our 7 years together I didn't take anything for 3 or 4 years so I'm not really worried...most BC makes me sick. I have to take it at night. I can't wait to get back to normal.

Has anyone else decided to stop using BC now that they are married?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: coming off BC

• I took off my last patch on Sunday.  I have bronchitis and am on antibiotics and was planning on stopping in the near future anyway.  What better time to stop than when I was going to need to use back up anyway!  We are going to TTC probably starting next month.  I'm hoping for an October baby (if my body can get it together with coming off the patch!).
  • I have the IUD and didn't plan on taking it out until next year sometime.  We recently started talking about taking it out because I started to get really bad cramps.  They are only once a month, but they have been getting progressively worse and they last for longer.  I asked DH what he wanted to do for BC instead and he said he didn't know.  I was thinking maybe doing natural family planning for a while since I can't use any other medicinal form of BC and condoms suck.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • snuff9861snuff9861 member
    First Comment
    edited November 2012
    I had my last pack right before the wedding. It's not like I was planning on going off BC, but in reality I'm way too lazy to go to the doctor and I really don't have time. We're still using contraception in the form of condoms though because it is really not an ideal time for us to be having  a baby.
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • We don't want kids for about another 2 years so I'll stay on BC since we both hate condoms and I like having the option to skip my period. I find my cramps are much worse without it and my skin got kind of bad for a bit when I went off it about 3 or 4 years ago (was single at the time).

I'm looking forward to when we decide we're ready for kids but I'm not looking forward to dumping the benefits of the pill.
    Anniversary
  • Not yet, but it's coming. My current BCP prescription runs out in June and I won't be getting a new one. Like you, the plan is not to actively TTC, but stop trying to avoid pregnancy. I hear you on getting sick from the pill, too. It took me four tries to find one that didn't give me gnarly side effects. Never again after June, though...once H and I are done having kids, I'm getting either Essure or a tubal ligation.
    October 2012 December Siggy - A Favorite Wedding Photo image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_coming-off-bc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:0538497f-d24b-448c-b45b-d7556bd75f90Post:ba24f58e-389c-48dd-b98e-364f8bd0a177">Re: coming off BC</a>:
    [QUOTE]We don't want kids for about another 2 years so I'll stay on BC since we both hate condoms and I like having the option to skip my period. I find my cramps are much worse without it and my skin got kind of bad for a bit when I went off it about 3 or 4 years ago (was single at the time). I'm looking forward to when we decide we're ready for kids but I'm not looking forward to dumping the benefits of the pill.
    Posted by achiduck[/QUOTE]

pretty much ditto this...we don't want kids for about 4 years though.  since being on BCP my skin has cleared, my cramps are almost non existent and my period lasts about 4 days
  • We just went off, it's my first week without. We're just letting nature do its thing for now. Neither of us are in a super rush, we just want to see what happens.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited November 2012
    I'm staying on it for probably 3 more years. We're not ready mostly financially, but also mentally. We want time to spend as just a married couple without kids. We also currently live with a roommate until our lease is up in August, so we really want time to live on our own! 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards