October 2012 Weddings

Addressing Invites

Hi ladies, I've been thinking about my invitations and was wondering how many, if any, of you are printing addresses on labels and then putting them on your invites. I am fully aware that this is considered tacky but I received an invitation recently with my address printed on a clear label. Thanks!
It doesn't have to be perfect to be everything I want!
Rings2
143 Invited image
88 will be there! image
55 would rather stay home :(image
0 Are procrastinating!image
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Addressing Invites

• I do not like the look of labels (even the clear ones), it looks cheap and tacky. That being said, I don't have the money for a calligrapher and do not have nice script handwriting, so we are printing addresses directly on the envelopes in a nice script font. We did this with our STDs and they looked great.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm also hoping to print directly onto the envelopes.  I have to agree, labels aren't the prettiest.  Maybe you could do wrap around labels?  Those look much better in my opinion.  If the printing doesn't work for me, then I'll probably do those.
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • I'm planning on handwriting them. I'm just going to do my best and hope it is neat enough.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I did wrap around labels. They came with the invitation kits I bought. I hand-addressed all the RSVP envelopes.
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • We did wrap-around labels for the save-the-dates (and will do more for the invites) and I absolutely love them- we got so many comments about how great they looked (even from our more traditional relatives).
  • i've never heard of wrap around labels until this thread.  can you find these are places like Staples or would that be something to find at Michaels?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_addressing-invites-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:087e737c-84b1-4551-b4e5-737a2794668aPost:746eb384-df1b-4523-986c-79fa0552ba09">Re: Addressing Invites</a>:
    <strong>[QUOTE]i've never heard of wrap around labels until this thread.  can you find these are places like Staples or would that be something to find at Michaels?
    </strong>Posted by lulu4150[/QUOTE]

The invitation kits I bought from michaels had them. I dont know that I have seen them on their own, but there are templates online and you can buy label paper at Staples.
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • My FI is addressing them because he has really gorgeous cursive writing. However, on our RSVP postcards, our address will be printed. I received an invite not long ago that had the address printed straight on the envelope and it looked just fine.
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards