October 2012 Weddings

hotel

So my FI has been handling the hotel, while I coordinate the rest of the wedding. I realized it was a little on the expensive side, but most of the people will be doubling up and splitting the cost. We chose it because this particular hotel has a partnership with our venue. It is a nice hotel. But on top of the room cost, they also charge for parking and breakfast (both things I didn't know). I feel bad that I am our guest have all these added costs, but at this point there is not much else I can do. I wish I would have looked more into it, but I am handling all the other details. :( Good news is we get a free shuttle to the venue! 
for siggy

Re: hotel

• I chose one hotel in the downtown area that was kind of expensive but I am paying for my guests parking. The good news is most booked at other hotels so it's just one guest. The hotel is further from the venue but it is in the middle of our downtown and there is a festival going on that weekend so I wanted people to have the opportunity to be in the middle of everything and the only way was to get a block. Happily we have plenty of other hotels closer to the venue that I didn't have to worry about getting booked up.
  • I think the shuttle is the most important thing.  If I were a guest I would care much more about not having to drive to the venue than the added costs.  I'm sure it will be fine!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards