October 2012 Weddings
Options

Photos, a little disappointed

I had a hard time yesterday because we got all of our proofs from our photographer.  Overall, I really do love the pictures, but I was really upset after skimming all of them.  The night of our wedding, I had this sinking feeling that there were a lot of pictures that I wanted that didn't happen.  I tried to put it out of my head because there was nothing I could do about it now and the day was so fast I thought maybe I was mistaken.
Well I looked through the proofs and there were 10 pictures of me getting ready.  Not all good.  Then I realized that there were none of the traditional bridal poses.  None of the pictures that all of you ladies have as your siggy with you holding your bouquet or standing in front of the window.  Just a beautiful picture of the bride.  I was/am heartbroken about it.  I didn't realize that I was one of those women, but it was the only time in my life I think I'll ever feel that beautiful, like a princess and I have no full length picture of just me.
I went through them all in depth and I love all of the pictures of me and my husband, and that is the important thing because I'm not just going to put a picture of me only up on the wall or anything, but I am still sad.  I guess I didn't realize that I had to tell my photographer that I wanted those pictures because I thought they always did them, especially after there were a lot in his portfolio.  This is just a vent, since my BMs and husband don't really get why I am upset. 

Re: Photos, a little disappointed

• Options
    This is what I am really afraid of too.  We haven't gotten our pictures back yet, but I am so nervous because I know that there are a bunch that I wanted that I didn't get.  I am hoping the our photog was able to get others though.

I keep telling DH that if I don't like the pictures that I want to do a rock the frock/TTD next year.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options

I know for sure we didn't get all the photos I wanted of me and my girls, but after talking to my photographer she tells me there are at least 6 different shots plus lots of candids, so I'm not as worried about it anymore.

I wish we would have had more time for photos, but unfortunately it it was it is.

Can you do a "rock the frock" (instead of TTD) where you get back into your dress, get hair and makeup done and get some of the traditional poses you feel like you're missing?

Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_photos-a-little-disappointed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:14c9e589-fc24-4883-ab10-719677ed49f3Post:e7dd2996-6ddf-42ac-a31f-c09ce6147ac5">Re: Photos, a little disappointed</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know for sure we didn't get all the photos I wanted of me and my girls, but after talking to my photographer she tells me there are at least 6 different shots plus lots of candids, so I'm not as worried about it anymore. I wish we would have had more time for photos, but unfortunately it it was it is. Can you do a "rock the frock" (instead of TTD) where you get back into your dress, get hair and makeup done and get some of the traditional poses you feel like you're missing?
    Posted by achiduck[/QUOTE]

See, I love the pictures you have....I don't have any of those!  Oh well.  My photographer said that he would have no problem doing another shoot, but I feel like that would be silly and could never recreate the day.  I would not have my BM to do my makeup, my cousin to do my hair, my bouquet is long dead now.  I'm a little relieved to hear that other ladies have similar worries, but I'm sad that mine came true.  I still love a lot of pictures.  In the end, I will not look back at pictures of myself, but at those of my husband and I together.

• Options
    Aww sorry you're sad! But after thinking about it for a few days, if you really feel you missed out on some of those photos, I agree with achiduck, do a Rock the Frock shoot. And post some pictures for us to see! :-)
  • Options
    September bride here. . . sorry for lurking, but I love seeing everyone's photos.

OP, I feel the SAME way. We got ready too early to have the photographer with me getting ready. He was with my H and his GM.I knew going in that I wouldn't get some of those before shots (just of me), and tried to let it go. Afterwards, I do really miss them. I just wanted to say you're not alone.

I'm thinking of doing a one-year anniversary session with hair and makeup - if I can convince H to do that.

I'm just trying to focus on the shots that I love. I totally feel you though. Good luck!
  • Options
    I have the same feeling.. we even splurged for our photog but what we got was no where close to the quality of photos on her blog which just make me really upset and I'm still annoyed about it along with her being MIA from a lot of the wedding. I emailed her but no idea how to email the owners of the company since she's spliting from there.  thankfully we did a photoshoot with my brother the next day and got a ton of awesome shots from that, but it's annoying to pay so much for photos and have htem be subpar.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards