October 2012 Weddings
Options

FI was awesome yesterday!

Over the weekend I was trying to get a million things done:
Finished addressing outer envelopes (we ran all of our envelopes through the printer and printed directly on the envelope...no labels), printed out most of our menu cards, and started working on assembling programs (about 1/3 of the way done).

FI saw that I looked like a crazy woman when he came home each night of the weekend (he worked all weekend, so was unable to help).  Plus, I've been super stressed at work so I think he knew that I was near my breaking point.

FI had the day off yesterday, and I came home from work (late : ( ) to find a completely clean house, all of the inner and response card envelopes printed, he had run a few errands, and that he had won an award at work!

I was so happy with all of his accomplishments that we immediately went out to dinner with the bonus money that FI got from his award!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: FI was awesome yesterday!

• Options
    Awe, that's so sweet!  I love it when they surprise you with extra nice gestures like that.  It makes me fall in love with FI all over again when he does stuff like that!

Congrats on your FI's award!  That's awesome!
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • Options
    That is so sweet!  I love little surprises like that.  I've been feeling super stressed lately as well between the wedding, work, and graduate school I feel like I might lose it at any moment.  I had a complete flip out about refinancing our mortgage last night to FI.  The stars must be mis-aligned or something.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Love when the guys chip in on wedding projects!
    172 Invited. image
    130 Accepted. image
    42 Declined. image
    0 Can't find the mailbox. imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_fi-was-awesome-yesterday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:1fd2702a-5ca6-41e6-811e-189abacd2034Post:9cc4a529-d5f1-43d4-9065-0301f2a9d4aa">Re: FI was awesome yesterday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]That is so sweet!  I love little surprises like that.  I've been feeling super stressed lately as well between the wedding, work, and <strong>graduate school </strong>I feel like I might lose it at any moment.  I had a complete flip out about refinancing our mortgage last night to FI.  The stars must be mis-aligned or something.
    Posted by mlperkins12[/QUOTE]

<div>My Ph.D. advisor criticized me last week for not being able to multi-task!  The summer intern that we have was like WHAT?! you do about a million things in one day.  Yeah...was not happy about that comment.  </div><div>
    </div><div>I almost cried when I walked in the door last night and saw that everything was done!</div><div>
    </div><div>EDIT:  I'm currently running 2 experiments in the lab today as well as doing a few other small things...hopefully that's enough multi-tasking LOL!</div>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Aww, that's super sweet!!
  • Options

Nothing feels better than just in the nick of time! It made me smile to see your FI pitched in and gave you a bit of relief

~~Mendi~~ ...Everyone has their price; mine's chocolate Photobucket
  • Options
    That is really sweet!
    62198_4988882445003_1730453872_n
  • Options
    That's so nice! Maybe your FI can give mine some pointers! :P I feel your stress. I have a full time job, a part time job, I go to school and with wedding planning it's insane. Oh did I mention we're in the middle of buying a house?!?! I'm surprised my hair isn't falling out in clumps. 
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards