October 2012 Weddings

Check and a *Face Palm* -- Long

So I went a head and ordered my STD's. Mainly because the company sent me a really great coupon. Buy 10 Get 10 Free.  I had budgeted $150 for STD's and spent only $36! Yay for staying under budget. 

Well I got a little over zealous. The coupon code could be used for multiple purchases. So I figured that I'd go a head and order my invitations and RSVP's. The site didn't offer Response cards, so I used a blank template and created my own. Also I was able to print 2 to 1 sheet, so I only had to order half the number of those than the invitations.

It was pretty late when I was working on them, so I just save the invitation template and went to bed. The next morning I was showing them to my FI --despite all his helpfulness, has told me he doesn't care 1 bit about the invitations and was no real help on this matter -- and I realized that I added too many zeros in the date. I made a mental note to fix it, but I got distracted and when I finally sat down again to order them. I forgot to correct the date. Well I didn't realize this untl late last night. So when I finally remembered, I checked the order status and it has already been sent to printing. I called their customer service, and they said there was nothing they can do. They usually have a correction time 2 hours after the order has been place. *sigh* So insert face palm here, and now my invitations read October 11, 20012.

Good news, I only spent $65 on the entire order and my coupon is still good until tomorrow. Bad news, I have 60 invitations coming that are wrong and I have to order another 60 and spend an additional $40. It could be worse though, because even with my little mess up. I'm still under budget on inviations too.
October '12
~MARRIED 10.11.12~

Re: Check and a *Face Palm* -- Long

• Oops!  Well everyone is bound to have a few screw ups - at least yours isn't too drastic, and you're still under budget! 

Another plus side, I bet you are super type-A about checking dates on invitations from here on out :)
  • O no! At least you go them on sale and can use the coupon still.

Are you sure it's not too late and you can't still contact customer service about your order at this point? I would say it is at least worth a try, surely the turn around isn't that quick!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_check-face-palm-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:2a6a3c25-63b0-4e13-9bca-1f785f9fb528Post:63b2ec89-f3d1-456a-9dba-3266b9710014">Re: Check and a *Face Palm* -- Long</a>:
    [QUOTE]O no! At least you go them on sale and can use the coupon still. Are you sure it's not too late and you can't still contact customer service about your order at this point? I would say it is at least worth a try, surely the turn around isn't that quick!
    Posted by lepoissonrouge[/QUOTE]

I went through mixbook.com and I have to admit. Their turn around time is AMAZING!, I pestered that poor customer service girl and her supervisor just to make sure.  Because I wasn't able to call until this morning, and they said they went to printing 2 hours after I placed the order, and I should get them by late next week.

Yeah, so I have checked, double checked, & re-checked my next order to make sure they are how I want them, and nothing is wrong.
    October '12
    ~MARRIED 10.11.12~
  • Wow, they are fast! That sucks : (

At least you were under a budget tho, and I guarantee you won't make that mistake again!
  • At least you're still under budget :)
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards