October 2012 Weddings

Envelope help...again!

Ok so this is a condensed version (kind of LOL) of the post that the knot ate on my yesterday...

So, I won a blog contest a few months back for $200 toward invitations at Minted.com.  I'll be ordreing these in Tiffany blue (link).  

I ordered a sample of the invites to make sure that i like them in person just as much as I did online.  They are great!  Really nice quality and perfectly match my theme.  However, there's one problem.  We want to send out the invites with both inner and outer envelopes and these invites only come with 1 envelope (and 1 response envelope).

I called Minted customer service, and they do not provide outer envelopes, nor do they sell them.  They referred me to another envelope website that was ridiculously $$$.

So, I did some googling and found Invitation Outlet.  I ordered a sample from them (in both white and ivory), and their envelope for the response card doesn't fit the Minted response card size.  So I thought no big deal, I'll use the response envelope from Minted with the outer/inner envelopes from Invitation Outlet.  Problem, the envelopes are not the same color AT ALL!

So, I went back online and ordered samples from Paper Source, LCI, and Paper and More.  I ordered samples in every color white they had (Luxe White, Superfine White, Natural White, Natural Ivory, Ecru etc, etc.).  I also ordered Inner/Outer envelope samples in Tiffany blue to see how that would look.

I know that I'm crazy and no one would even notice if the response card envelope was a different color, but I'm so detail oriented that it bothered me!  Plus, if I have to order the outer envelope anyway why not have it be the same color.  FI was laughing at me LOL!  I felt like this was a total "Sh*t Brides Say" moment!

My question is, can anyone reccommend any other envelope site besides the ones that I've listed? The outer envelope has to be an A7.5 envelope size and the inner is A7 size.  I'm not sure of the response card size, I can measure later.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Envelope help...again!

• edited March 2012
    Could you check office max or a local stationary store? I know our local one has specialty envelopes. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • i used envelopemall.com
    i know they have A7 & A8's not sure about the other size or what colors they have for you but they do have an assortment of whites/ivories and you can order samples for $1 each

Totally understand having stuff match, ive been trying to find stuff for my DIY invites as well...
    I was having my own dilemma that I just realized a couple weeks ago so I feel your pain. I am making my own invites, following instructions off some girl's blog and realized she didnt use inner & outer envelopes, but I want to be able to indicate on the inner envelope exactly who is invited, not the RSVP like the girl in the blog did, bc she also had them choose their dinner, which is not necessary for my venue.
    Any hoo! Since the outer envelope ends up in the garbage, I ended up getting A8's in a basic natural ivory, for $12 per pack of 100 ( you can only order in packs of 100 from the site i gave you i believe). This way my inner envelope is the nice shiny one that was more expensive and personally i dont really care for the outer envelope. The colors are similar, one just happens to have a shimmer to it and I didnt want to risk spending all this $ for the outer envelope to get ruined in the mail, ripped when opened, so i went with the cheaper version.

Good luck, hope the site i gave you works out!
  • Thanks!

@MPJF, I'll definitely check out that website too.  A7.5's are about a 1/4 of an inch bigger than A7s to accomodate the A7 being stuffed into it.  I agree with you about having the inner envelope being the nicer of the 2.  I never thought I would know so much about different types of envelopes LOL!

@Kim:  I checked the Office Max website, and it looks like they don't have envelopes for 5X7 invites??  I did get the envelopes for my STD magnets there though.  There's a stationery store not far from my house, but when I drive by it always looks like they are closed.  I found their website, but they don't list hours on there either. 

The samples that I ordered from the 3 different websites have been shipped.  Hopefully one of those options will work.  Also, hopefully they come labeled as to which color they are...I know the one website I ordered like 4 or 5 different colors of "white" lol.
  • I completely understand the whole matching thing, but no one is really going to notice if they are slightly different.  I usually throw out the outer envelope once I get the invite and obviously send the RSVP envelope back.

Other than that I can say that I have ordered from LCI in the past and they were very easy to work with.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited March 2012
    I used envelopemall.com as well and was very happy with what I purchased, they have a ton of different options. I think I did the same thing as you, checked a million different places because I am so set on things matching. Finally I am happy with all of my envelopes, lol. Now to just finish the invites!

Good luck with all of your samples, surely one will be the right color.

That's great tho that you won money for invites! They are very pretty : )
  • Sounds like a LOT of work... maybe use the $200 towards thank you cards and find an invitation that already has the inner and outer envelopes...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • @Mana, I agree that it's ridiculous and I've expressed my feelings to Minted.com!  I'm determined to have one of the samples that I ordered be THE ONE!  if I can't find something that matches perfectly in the batch of samples, then close enough is good enough.   I don't want to use the $200 for something else for 2 reasons: 1) The ones that I posted are PERFECT, match my Tiffany blue color perfectly (not aqua like some other websites have instead) and 2) The lace design matches the lace on my dress, lace design onf my website, etc etc.  I actually found a pack of 50 Tiffany blue thank you cards at Target for like $12!  I've already written a few thank yous for engagement gifts on them and they are great quality.

Envelope Mall has the A7 envelopes, but not the A7.5, I think the next size up would be too big.  Thanks for the suggestion though!
  • Envelopes.com has a 5.5x7.5 envelope, only available in what they call "bright white."  I've ordered from them before and really liked their stuff.  

-Amanda-
    Rhody Life

Our Favorite Pro Pic

Anniversary
  • What about Cards and Pockets?
    photo 8772_10102412474713255_135784916_n.jpg
  • OP- i ordered the A8 for my outer envelopes, and while they are a tad bigger than i wanted, i have pocketfolds so they fit snuggly into the A7 and then the A7 into the A8 is roomy but i wanted to just use the same place i had already bought all my other supplies and not go through trying to find the same color somewhere else...

Hope everything works out for you! GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards