October 2012 Weddings

Ongoing friend/guest saga........

The Origianl post is on page 2 on this board labeled...Need to get this off my chest - wedding guest - or not guest...

So...after she unfriended me on FB and all of our Mutual Friends as well....I'm like whatever...and I did take the advise of my fellow knoties and just let it be (thank you ladies for the advice by the way)....see what happens...the invitations had just gone in the mail so I will just wait and see. 

I get a text this morning that says:  Do you want me to come to your wedding?

What?  Did I really just get a text...a text...that says this.  I have so much to say....like...quit bashing a close friend of mine every time we talk...I mean this woman and I were great friends until she hooked up with the mutual friend of ours...since then its just been misserable to be her friend.  I want her to be the old friend I knew that could talk about something more than how unhappy her bf makes her.  I mean this has been going on for a year and a half...I'm happy in my relationship and she's a real downer right now...and has been for some time......I don't know what to say to her...I feel like its a conversation that should be had either face to face or through e-mail or something more than just texting.......help...
Jessica Wedding Countdown Ticker 120 Invitedimage
101 Are ready to party image
18 Can't make it image
1 Are keeping me on the edge of my seat wondering image

Re: Ongoing friend/guest saga........

• edited August 2012
    Maybe it's time to just have a sit-down talk with her that has nothing to do with the wedding. Let her know that the situation is awkward for you since you're friends with them both, that you wish you could be that sounding board for the problems in the relationship, but it makes you uncomfortable to hear negative things about your friend. Let her know that you'd like to maintain a friendship with her, but draw the line at talking about their bf/gf situation. Let her know that you still love and support her, but will not tolerate being put in the middle and essentially asked to pick sides. If all that goes well, and she doesn't flip out on you, tell her she's welcome at the wedding: drama-free.

Maybe I'm mis-reading the situation...i didn't read the original post...but I hope this helps. Sorry you're having to deal with this.
    Ovarian cyst lapro: '01, '04, '09 Conal biopsy: '01- results negative Dilation: '03 for cervical scarring Pcos test: '05, FSH and LH normal Mirena removed July '12 My Ovulation Chart
  • This is tough, this is one of those turning points. I think a big questions is, is the boyfriend (your friend also) really that awful to her or does she bring it on, make it up. If he has a role to play in this then I would say go with what lv2011 said. However, if she is the toxic person in this and brings it on herself you might just be better moving on.....
  • Thanks ladies....I sent her an e-mail about 30 minutes ago...I put it all out there.  I told her how I felt and sent it.....figured I had nothing to loose.  She sent me a text to let me know that she would respond in detail later, she was at work at the moment, but I have valid points.
    I feel better...thank you for responding....I really needed an outside view...I appreciate it!
    Jessica Wedding Countdown Ticker 120 Invitedimage
    101 Are ready to party image
    18 Can't make it image
    1 Are keeping me on the edge of my seat wondering image
  • How did it go?
    ~~Mendi~~ ...Everyone has their price; mine's chocolate Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards