October 2012 Weddings
Options

To add to the honeymoon talk....

So we decided to start looking at honeymoon packages today....

We aren't really beach people so we decided on New Orleans, hopefully.....

What are some of your girls' suggestions for where to look, organizing comparisons, websites, where did you get your ideas????

Its probably one of the most stressful things for me so far because its taking up the most of my vacation days at work!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Oct. 2012 Dec Siggy
Favorite Thing About the Holidays
Our Tree(Is it Bears or Broncos?) & Of Course!
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: To add to the honeymoon talk....

• Options
    New Orleans is great! My FI's brother, wife and nephew live there. We visit usually once a year!!

As far as booking everything goes . . . for our honeymoon I'm going through a travel agency. It was stressing me out too.
    172 Invited. image
    130 Accepted. image
    42 Declined. image
    0 Can't find the mailbox. imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Go to a travel agent, there free and they make there commision through the vendors not through you so the prices you get from them are the same if you would book on your own. Also there is no commiment so you can go and just gather all the info and pricing and then book on your own if you would like. good luck
  • Options
    I definitely agree - go to a travel agent!! I was getting a little stressed and overwhelmed about honeymoon stuff and the travel agent really helped me!
  • Options
    We went to a travel agent to book our last vacation.  We also did some price comparisons online.  She ended up getting us a better deal.   
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I've never used a travel agent.  How does it work?  Do you pay a fee or does the hotel/resort?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_add-honeymoon-talk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:45f27aca-fa92-4f42-957c-69098894d2faPost:84d899e5-2f51-4156-8c8c-822f6cca5f4d">Re: To add to the honeymoon talk....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've never used a travel agent.  How does it work?  Do you pay a fee or does the hotel/resort?
    Posted by cokie216[/QUOTE]

Ah, just saw Shoebie's description.  I never knew that you don't have to pay for the service. 
  • Options
    Definitely go through a travel agent.  We used one for our cruise that we went on earlier this year and will always use one for any big vacatons.  I love out travel agent!
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards