October 2012 Weddings
Options

I'm being a big baby

My FI is coming over soon to pick up my engagement ring so he can send it back to Blue Nile to be resized:( I feel like I could cry! The bad thing is that it takes two weeks I think. I was going to get it resized around here, but it's around $100 to resize platinum and I wasn't going to do that. I'll miss my baby!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: I'm being a big baby

• Options

I feel your pain!  When I had my ring resized it was going to take about a week and a half.  I was about to cry when we left the store, so I mentioned that I should go to Claire's and buy a fake one.  FI thought it was a great idea, and we went and he picked out the gaudiest ring there.  Everyone thought I had a very rich future husband!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    October 2012 Siggy Challenge: My Furbaby
  • Options
    i had to have mine resized TWICE!  FI bought a size 6 and it just kept spinning, so i take it to get resized and the guy tells me it needs to be a 5... ok fine... so i get the size 5 a few days later and i cant even get it half way down.  the owner of the store saw me almost burst into tears (lol) and sat with me and we got the size figured out.  
    October 2012 May 2011 Siggy: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah I know how you feel i've had to leave my ring about 2 times now, one to get it sized, and one to get it flashed because the ring looked as if the metal was coming off, hopefully its all better now because otherwise I have to get a whole new ring...
    Anniversary PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    hang in there girl, we all know it SUCKS! my fiance had it sized before he proposed, which was perfect, however I have a leo solitaire and there is a small leo "signature" diamon in the inside of the band- fell out! ring was gone for 3 WEEKS :(
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    AHH! I am SO glad I am not alone on this! My ring is garnet and black diamond. Apparently I must have wacked my hand against something really hard because the side of the garnet chipped and became lose. Last week we took it in to get fixed and I cried :( FI got me a ring to put on my finger until next week bless his heart. But as stated above mine is platinum so it has to be sent it... I just don't feel right...
  • Options
    It feels like forever to get it back! I held on to mine for like  3 weeks before I would let the store send i off to be resized! But then you get really excited when you get it back and you don't worry about it falling off!
    for siggy
  • Options
    I totally did the buy a fake ring thing too! it was fun.. lol I wear it on the oher hand everynow and then for fun.
    imageimage OCT 2012 May Siggy! Engagement rings! Wedding Countdown Ticker imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

At least I'm not the only one who has their ring resized multiple times!
    We ordered one size. It was too big so we had it sized smaller.  Well after we got it back I realized it was too big so we had it sized smaller again.  And it is STILL too big. But I don't want to lose it for 2 weeks so we haven't had it resized yet, but it needs to be done soon. And I already bought my cheap plain band to have when my ring is being sized.

October 2012 Siggy:Pets!!!
    Current pet:Zeke
    Dream pets:Great Dane & Yorkshire
  • Options
    Same here

Worst part was we sent it back to be resized and then it got delayed, and delayed again due to snow storms across the country. We had to cancel our engagement photos since I still didn't have the ring back. Still haven't gotten around to rescheduling them...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    October 13, 2012
  • Options
    Haha, I haven't had to get it resized... but I about had a panic attack at the thought of leaving it in the safe while we were on our cruise.  Our excursion was Altantis and it had a water park.  But FI said to wear it, it's insured.  I honestly NEVER take it off. 
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    I didn't need to have mine resized, FI chose the perfect size, 5 1/2. I swear I do not take this ring off, it's with me alllll the time lol.
    October 2012 Sig: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    In Progress Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Awww I was a baby too when I had my resized. It felt so funny without a ring there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards