October 2012 Weddings

**AshlieS25**

I used to work in the OR too, 5 of us were recently offered a new job implementing a new computer system at our hospitals, so we are doing that now. I LOVE the OR though. How did you get into it?
Congrats on your engagement!

Re: **AshlieS25**

• I worked as a student nurse in the OR (day surgery) before I graduated.  I liked it, but they didn't have a position after I graduated.  So I applied at the bigger hospitals.  I now work at large teaching hospital and I LOVE it.  I have found that for most nurses they either love it or hate it.  I'm glad to see a fellow OR chick on here!  Good luck with your new job!

P.S. Your ring is beautiful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    October 2012 Siggy Challenge: My Furbaby
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thank you!
    It is very rare to see OR girls. I know the whole hosptial calls us cliquey, and spoiled.   :)   I absolutely love the OR and I could never work anywhere else, its just the best.  Glad we get to plan together!
  • Are you both nurses? I am a registered nurse on a critical unit unit. Sorry to hijack the thread!
  • There is no better adrenalin rush than working in the OR! Brittany- yes we are both nurses! I'm so happy to see other nurses here! I feel like planning is harder because I can't make calls during the day! I'm very thankful my mom is helping!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    October 2012 Siggy Challenge: My Furbaby
  • I dont know how you do critical care. Most of the patients make me feel so bad. I definitely give CCRN's props! Thats very difficult!
    Three of us! Thats sooo cool!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards