October 2012 Weddings
Options

Driving myself B.A.N.A.N.A.S!

Seriously, coo-coo.  I have pretty much decided on all aspects of the wedding (favors, centerpieces, table numbers, the whole she-bang) but my problem is pulling the trigger on making the purchases for fear of finding it somewhere cheaper down the road.  Is anyone else feeling like this or am I the only whacko?!

Re: Driving myself B.A.N.A.N.A.S!

• Options
    I did this at first and it ended up hurting me on some purchases.  One example is with the peacock feathers.  I am doing a peacock theme and need around 400-500 feathers.  Well, I found a place that was selling 1000 for $220.  I decided to wait to see if they would run a sale and when I checked back, they had actually raised their price by $100!  I was totally bummed and I decided to just go ahead and get them.

There will probably always be a better deal out there, but you risk loosing the one that you have right now.  As long as you are not going over budget to purchase some things, then I would say go ahead and get what you need before it's gone or the price goes up.
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Definitely feeling this. I've gotten to the point where if I like something I commit to it. My problem is that there are so many cute ideas out there for everything (favors table, signature drinks, etc) that I'm overwhelmed.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I feel the same on thinking I will find it somewhere cheaper but nicer, too.  <sigh> I really need to just buy stuff and stop looking.  Thta's a really good point on things going UP in price.  I didn't think of that!  I have really been loving planning the wedding but now is right around the time when I feel like saying "is it over yet?!"  I'm glad we can all vent to one another over these things!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards