October 2012 Weddings
Options

Is this really bad?

I just gave my calligrapher the inner and outer envelopes and list and she informed me that she would be going on vacation for a week and would start them when she got back (she will be back August 5th).  If it takes three weeks (I'm throwing an extra week in, just in case, she said two weeks), then it puts me at the end of August.  My rsvp date is September 14th and wedding is October 14th.

Side note: 95% of guests got STDs and all guests will be receiving their invites within a few days (no out of country and most are in the northeast).

AGHHHHH!

Re: Is this really bad?

• Options
    That really should be plenty of time. I'm sending OOT ones the week of Aug 19 and locals the first week of sept with an rsvp date of Oct 1 for our Oct 20 wedding.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think it's best to give people a month to respond, but I think you'll still be ok.  Maybe if you tell her what your RSVP date is, she will be nice and put a little rush on it!
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I originally had my rsvp date as the 24th too!  

Maybe I will re-prioritize the list so that the OOT ones can go out first...
  • Options
    That seems a little tight to me and I would try to put a rush on her.  Hopefully she finishes in the 2 wks!

• Options
    lulu4150lulu4150 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    we have the same date and i havent sent my invites out yet and was feeling really behind. Now I dont feel so bad since i"m not the only one! LOL

I think I would stress the importance of time and see if she can put a rush on it. If she can't I would say your fine since most of your guests live within a couple days mailing time and you sent STDs .
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards