October 2012 Weddings
Options

Venue Booked!

After many trips, lots of discussions (and a few passive aggressive arguments with family gah) We've put down a deposit on our venue.

We found a vineyard out in western NC and the beauty is the rental is for the entire weekend and allows us to have our entire bridal party and parents stay onsite for the weekend at no charge to them. It also allows us to turn our destination wedding (for our guests, not us as we live here) into a true weekend experience!
Woo! So excited!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
October 13, 2012

Re: Venue Booked!

• Options
    YEY!!!!

Congrats! you must be so excited
    Oct. 2012 Siggy E-Rings Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    YAY!!!! Congrats on getting a big check done!
    October 2012 Sig: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    In Progress Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Aw, so exciting! I hope to do this soon!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    acwmacwm member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    That sounds like a great venue! You must be so excited. Congratulations!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    woot woot Congrats!! Thats a huge weight lifted. I know it was for me when my FI and decided on our venue. NC is beautiful.. Infact Ill be there this septemeber for a back yard bbq/ wedding for the east coast family. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic This is Darla and Chester. Darla is the black and white basset and Chester is the tan and black basset. Image and video hosting by TinyPic This is Emma kitty Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sounds Awesome!  Congrats!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    October 2012 Siggy Challenge: My Furbaby
  • Options
    That sounds AMAZING!!! Congrats!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    yay congrats!
    October 2012 May 2011 Siggy: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yay! We picked the venue first and it really has set the tone for the rest of the planning!!! It so excited when every thing comes together!!
    for siggy
  • Options
    Woot!! Congrats, how exciting!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    271 Invited image
    186 Are ready to PARTY! image
    85 Can't make it image
    0 Have me stalking the mailbox! image
  • Options
    Yea!! congrats! we have it picked out we just have to book it!
    imageimage OCT 2012 May Siggy! Engagement rings! Wedding Countdown Ticker imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yay, sounds great!
    photo 8772_10102412474713255_135784916_n.jpg
  • Options
    I just got back from Western NC.  May I ask where at?  It's SO BEAUTIFUL there, ESP in Oct when the leaves are changing!
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    Congrats girl, huge check!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_venue-booked?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:9e67a531-75ae-447d-b6cf-ebb6a1b645d6Post:a2a13419-8a02-4dcb-a269-7edc44fb5096">Re: Venue Booked!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just got back from Western NC.  May I ask where at?  It's SO BEAUTIFUL there, ESP in Oct when the leaves are changing!
    Posted by mana8503[/QUOTE]

Grassy Creek Vineyard & Winery in Elkin NC

We looked at quite a few places but the price for the rental of the cabins and 42 acres of property for a weekend was unbeatable if you want an outdoor, secluded wedding.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    October 13, 2012
  • Options
    Looks like it's just over the mtn from my dad's side.  They are around W. Jefferson.  I grew up wishing we lived in that area.  Kinda Jealous that place looks amazing!
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards