October 2012 Weddings

Nail Polish Color for Wedding Day?

I always figured I would just do a simple french manicure for the wedding but then I saw a really cute manicure that I might want to do instead. What are you planning to do with your nails/nailcolor for wedding day?
What do you think of this mani? I might go with a different shade of pink (which is one of my accent colors as well as the color of my shoes.)

Maybe more like this:

Wedding Pic Preview

Anniversary

Re: Nail Polish Color for Wedding Day?

• I like those ideas. They're different but still neutral enough to look classy.
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • I love it! Especially if it works with your accent colors. I havent decided what I am doing for my wedding day, but I'm pretty sure I will just get a manicure (and no fake nails) that is not a french manicure. I'm thinking of a faint hint of color, or using a cream since that is one of my colors.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Those are super pretty. I'm doing something a bit more quirky for our wedding. We having a slight Super Mario theme -- more like touches -- and so I'm doing my nails like this, but instead of green I'm giong to be doing red.

October '12
    ~MARRIED 10.11.12~
  • catwinecatwine member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2012
    i'm also having a tough time deciding on a colour! i like the first picture colour better, but i'm not a fan of the little heart deatail though beucase i want the focus to be on my rings, not my nails.
  • I'm doing a french manicure, if they can I'd like to do a line of gold between the colors.
    It doesn't have to be perfect to be everything I want!
    Rings2
    143 Invited image
    88 will be there! image
    55 would rather stay home :(image
    0 Are procrastinating!image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited August 2012
    I am also very indecisive.  My instinct is to just do a shelac french mani, because it's pretty safe and timeless.  However, my main color is eggplant, and in the fall, I just about always have some sort of dark nail polish...especially dark purple.  I think the purple would be more "me", but I also think the french is more classic, and will show better in pictures.

BTW, I changed my mind twice while typing this...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker siggy 6
  • Im going to be doing Shellac Romantique. Neutral yet feminine hehe
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm sticking with the classic french but I like the manicure you posted.
    Anniversary
  • I love it.  Very pretty yet not the norm.  I'm going with these...
    wedding nails
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm doing a plain French. I did read on one of these boards that someone who had nail art made it look like it was smudged from far away. I think something nontraditional would be better for a pedicure.
  • I love the trend of having your ring finger different.  I've been doing it all summer.  But I'll probably stick with a basic french mani for the big day
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm getting a gel manicure. I've never had one-- can you get any color? I'd like to do a very, very light gray (one of our colors), but if not then a nude-ish pink-ish color.
    Anniversary
  • I think I'm just going to have a french mani and pedi but have flowers painted on in pink and orange to match the wedding colors.
    Just my two cents! Penny L G M
  • I second the nude/pink color. Something simple that will hide the stupid little white spots on my nails. They've been growing pretty long, so I think having the stark white of a french manicure would be a bit too distracting. I've never actually had a manicure though, so maybe I'm not thinking of the right thing. Simple and subtle, though. That's my plan.
    Ovarian cyst lapro: '01, '04, '09 Conal biopsy: '01- results negative Dilation: '03 for cervical scarring Pcos test: '05, FSH and LH normal Mirena removed July '12 My Ovulation Chart
  • OPI has a great line of wedding neutrals. I'm probably going to do "Altar Ego" (at least, that's what I've been doing the last few months).

For those of you doing French - just curious (and I apologize in advance if this comes across as rude) - are those still a thing? I haven't seen a french manicure on anyone in at least 2 years. (But I live in NYC, and here, regular manicures are about $10, and french are about $18, so that could be why)./
  • I never do manicures or even paint my fingernails so was wondering just today what in the world to do about them for the wedding.  These ideas are a great place to start my reasearch! I am going back to my small hometown for my wedding so I will need to ask around for a good salon in town.
    Anniversary
    Missing our September Sunflower
    BFP 12/23/12: EDD 9/01/13: MMC 1/31/13, baby stopped growing at 8w2d. D&C 2/01/13
  • edited September 2012
    I'm going to do dark purple shellac manicure and same on my  toes I think. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    271 Invited image
    186 Are ready to PARTY! image
    85 Can't make it image
    0 Have me stalking the mailbox! image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards