October 2012 Weddings

tape

Who is using double sided tape to keep the dress on? I tried mine on today and really it seems like we are going to have to tape the heck out of it. It fits perfectly it's just heavy. Any advice on how to do it most effectively?

Re: tape

• Never used it before but have some just in case I need it next weekend.
    Just my two cents! Penny L G M
  • Nope, don't need it
    Anniversary
  • minionloverminionlover member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2012
    Have you been to get your dress fitted? If you did then you shouldn't need tape unless its an emergency. I have never used it though but it should be too hard.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I actually lost a few extra pounds and that, coupled with the weight of my dress, will likely make the tape necessary.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_tape?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:a69553b3-0442-4c9f-a281-171951d0a50fPost:972cd761-805c-45eb-96ad-40fa0e3452a9">Re:tape</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you been to get your dress fitted? If you did then you shouldn't need tape unless its an emergency. I have never used it though but it should be too hard.
    Posted by Cathyl7910[/QUOTE]
    Just my two cents! Penny L G M
  • I have the same problem.  I've lost a few pounds and since the dress is so heavy it falls so you can see the built in bra stap.  My grandma is thinking of just getting some velcro to stick the two sides together! haha
  • I have tape, it's not going to fall off - but I'm happier with the tape helping my dress sit slightly higher! I know nothing of it, and hope its effective
    ~~Mendi~~ ...Everyone has their price; mine's chocolate Photobucket
  • I need tape to hold the straps on my dress in place, the dress is fitted properly, I just have narrow shoulders. Otherwise it will be very distracting. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

74 Invited image
    44 image are ready to party!
    31 image declines
    0 imagecan't find the bleeping mailbox
    RSVP Date: Sept 24
  • Insanity - I should have added straps.it never occurred to me until now. Literally. Hum.
    ~~Mendi~~ ...Everyone has their price; mine's chocolate Photobucket
  • I will be using a little to help keep the back in place. It fits perfectly but something about my shoulders always makes low-backed clothing slide even lower. Tank tops, swim suits, they all do it. During my final fitting, it started out fine but after moving in it for a few minutes, it slid down enough that you could see the top half inch of my corset. So we'll be taping it in place!
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards