Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Talamore CC vs. Columbia Station

Hello fellow Philadelphia brides! I am new to the Knot message boards....been engaged 2 weeks!  My fiance and I have already begun looking at venues and we found 2 that we really like, but there are some major differences. 

The first one is Talamore Country Club in Ambler.  I know this is a popular venue on here, so I wanted to get everone's input on how their food, service, etc. is.  We love the look of the venue, but for it to fit into our budget, we'd have to do their "winter package" and have a March date instead of April like we originally wanted.

The other venue is Columbia Station in Phoenixville, operated by Robert Ryan Catering.  Their prices are a bit better and we could afford our April saturday we want as well.  The venue is a little less formal and my fiance is not too crazy about it, but we are certain the food and service would be phenomenal, especially for the price you pay.

Any other brides out there look at both or either of these venues?  Just trying to get a feel for what everyone's impressions are of them!

Thanks!!!

Re: Talamore CC vs. Columbia Station

• I've always thought Columbia Station's food is superior to most venues in the suburbs - more like restaurant food than banquet food.  I've been to a work event at Talamore and was not impressed with the food at all.  
  • I'm getting married at talamore so i'm a little impartial. however make sure you ask about their 10 month value date package. They don't advertise it too much but If you can wait til 10 months before the month you want to get married any dates they have in the month include a free ceremony, upgraded chairs, a signature drink at cocktail hour and 10% off a head. definitely worth it!!! Also, if you then book a date within 10 months that is off peak months its even cheaper!!! Def go with the place you both love, you will be looking at these picures/sharing memories for years to come. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_talamore-cc-vs-columbia-station?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:32e78ce8-3246-427d-ab6f-eac0353bf8b5Post:d1f7b309-4651-437e-adba-f99ea3d1099d">Re: Talamore CC vs. Columbia Station</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm getting married at talamore so i'm a little impartial. however make sure you ask about their 10 month value date package. They don't advertise it too much but If you can wait til 10 months before the month you want to get married any dates they have in the month include a free ceremony, upgraded chairs, a signature drink at cocktail hour and 10% off a head. definitely worth it!!! Also, if you then book a date within 10 months that is off peak months its even cheaper!!! Def go with the place you both love, you will be looking at these picures/sharing memories for years to come. 
    Posted by NurseCassie88[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks! They are offering us the same thing in the "winter package." It includes a free ceremony (which we won't need - we're having a church wedding), the chivari chairs, and the 10% discount as well.  We are still leaning toward Talamore, but are waiting to hear back from our priest on whether we can get married during Lent or not!</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_talamore-cc-vs-columbia-station?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:32e78ce8-3246-427d-ab6f-eac0353bf8b5Post:55ab05a0-c265-47b1-9e2e-3928858e4264">Re: Talamore CC vs. Columbia Station</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Talamore CC vs. Columbia Station : Thanks! They are offering us the same thing in the "winter package." It includes a free ceremony (which we won't need - we're having a church wedding), the chivari chairs, and the 10% discount as well.  We are still leaning toward Talamore, but are waiting to hear back from our priest on whether we can get married during Lent or not!
    Posted by hbergin[/QUOTE]

Hi there! If you don't mind me asking,how much a head is it for Talamore in April? I was interested in them and have contacted them but would like to know before I go there whether it is in my price range.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_talamore-cc-vs-columbia-station?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:32e78ce8-3246-427d-ab6f-eac0353bf8b5Post:9ad36c34-3b0b-4bed-aad1-e5dd491edd6a">Re: Talamore CC vs. Columbia Station</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Talamore CC vs. Columbia Station : Hi there! If you don't mind me asking,how much a head is it for Talamore in April? I was interested in them and have contacted them but would like to know before I go there whether it is in my price range.
    Posted by laurenmoore64[/QUOTE]

Hi Lauren!  We ended up going with March so we could get an additional 10% discount off the "off season" prices offered in April.  Depending on the entrees you choose and the day of the week you choose, they range from $88 per person to $125 per person.  The lower end being they're less expensive entree selections and a friday night or Sunday.  That's all before taxes and gratuity of course!

If you're looking to knock the price down a bit and you're open to March, it's really worth it...we just booked our late March date :-)

Good luck!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_talamore-cc-vs-columbia-station?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:32e78ce8-3246-427d-ab6f-eac0353bf8b5Post:82d2284e-700e-4101-b564-27b8a9ea2686">Re: Talamore CC vs. Columbia Station</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Talamore CC vs. Columbia Station : Hi Lauren!  We ended up going with March so we could get an additional 10% discount off the "off season" prices offered in April.  Depending on the entrees you choose and the day of the week you choose, they range from $88 per person to $125 per person.  The lower end being they're less expensive entree selections and a friday night or Sunday.  That's all before taxes and gratuity of course! If you're looking to knock the price down a bit and you're open to March, it's really worth it...we just booked our late March date :-) Good luck!
    Posted by hbergin[/QUOTE]

That's awesome! That venue is beautiful! I will have to go see them, Thank you for the info and good luck with all your wedding planning! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards