October 2012 Weddings
Options

I Need Help with Groomsmen!

Hey Ladies, I don't post much but I lurk often and figured you would have suggestions for me!
We finally picked out the bridesmaids dresses last week.  Both of my girls will be wearing the dress below in lapis (purple)
http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Crinkle-Chiffon-Dress-with-Ruffled-Shoulder-F14818_Bridal-Party-Bridesmaids-All-Bridesmaid-Dresses

My colors are dark purple, burnt orange, and some brown accents...I'm going for a fall theme.

My questions is what color should the groomsmen wear? I really don't like the matchy look with them in the same color vests as the girls dresses. My FI has decided on black suits and they will be wearing vests and long ties.  I also don't really like the look of brown and black on the same person and I am having trouble finding dark orange vests. 

I feel like I will probably be resorting to the matching color but first I thought I would ask for your opinions! TIA

Re: I Need Help with Groomsmen!

• Options
    What if you did black vests on the groomsmen with a colored orange or matching tie?  I am thinking about doing this for my wedding because I'm second guessing the choice of wine colored vest to match my bridesmaids.

Also, very cute dresses!!  Hope this helps.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    262 Invited image
    164 Yes image
    38 No image
    60 Are making me drink way too much wine!!! image
  • Options
    I also am not a fan of matchy matchy. I put the girls in brown and the boys in the coloured vests. We did an orange vest and tie.
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • Options
    If you have a President's Tuxedo near you, consider renting your vests from there. They have a really pretty dark burnt orange color called cinnamon. It's actually what FI and I are going with, I really like them.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I also personally HATE when the guys' vests and ties match the girls dresses, well mostly the ties.  I just feel like it reminds me too much of prom. 
    I vote for having them wear a color tie OR depending on what color and types of flowers you're doing...you could have them in black ties, vests and tuxes with a purple bout but have it match the girls' flowers (say BMs have orange roses, give the GM purple ones)

Also, I like the idea of just their ties matching or coordinating with the girls' dresses.  That's what I'm doing, the girls are wearing navy colored dresses and each girl will be carrying an all orange bouquet (garden roses, dahlias, orange craspedia and ranunculus)
    The guys will be in gray tuxes with gray vests, ivory shirts and a navy tie, no pocket square and orange dahlia or ranunculus bouts. 

Not too matchy-matchy, but coordinated.

Pretty dress btw!
    my_wedding_original Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies for all your suggestions! I am feeling like there is hope :) Unfortunately we don't have a President Tuxedo around here but that cinnamon color would be perfect.  My flowers are cream roses and orange lilies, and the girls will have some orange lilies with other yet to be determined flowers in purple and a little cream.  I was thinking purple bouts for the guys.  I think I will suggest black vests with either an orange or purple tie to my FI and see what he thinks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards