October 2012 Weddings

Kinda feel like I am cheating on FI with...

A BOOK!!  A friend of mine recommended Fifty Shades of Grey and I haven't been able to put it down!  It's soooo good!  I read like 200 pages yesterday and am more than half way through it and I just got it on Monday afternoon.  I guess I also feel extra guilty cuz FI is out of town.  All I can say is it's going to be a looooong two weeks without him here :(

This book comes highly recommended!!
dscf4745-2
Anniversary

Re: Kinda feel like I am cheating on FI with...

• I've read the whole trilogy! Loved it and couldnt put it down either, I know how you feel!
  • Ahhh! I've been meaning to read this series lately, just haven't had a chance to. Is it THAT good?! lol

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I've heard of this book. I have to finish The Hunger Games before I pick up another book. :) But I think I'll try it next.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • OMG! It's soooo good!  It just catches you off gaurd and puts you into a different "zone".  I haven't been wrapped into a book like this in a very long time.

My aunts read the series when it first came out and they said the current book they are reading is much better.  It's called Black Dagger Brotherhood.  I guess it has something to do with vampires and it's a little more intense/graphic than Fifty Shades of Grey.
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • I am absolutely in love with these books! I picked up all three on Sunday and I am half way through the second one. I cannot put them down...poor FI :)
  • Lol.. I've heard about that one. I'm in line to read it at the library.
    Anniversary
  • There's like 1800 on the waiting list for the ebook at my library... then my nieghbor gave it to me.  I need to start it.  Her DH told me FI can thank him later...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_kinda-feel-like-i-am-cheating-on-fi-with?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:b1329595-c776-4ba9-86ca-ff8c0f00dcb9Post:5bd8351e-6f34-4be9-bcbd-6153e84ad54e">Re: Kinda feel like I am cheating on FI with...</a>:
    [QUOTE]There's like 1800 on the waiting list for the ebook at my library... then my nieghbor gave it to me.  I need to start it.  Her DH told me FI can thank him later...
    Posted by mana8503[/QUOTE]

That's hilarious!
    Ovarian cyst lapro: '01, '04, '09 Conal biopsy: '01- results negative Dilation: '03 for cervical scarring Pcos test: '05, FSH and LH normal Mirena removed July '12 My Ovulation Chart
  • aimee58aimee58 member
    First Comment
    That's on my summer reading list!! I've heard major raves....so I can't wait.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • LOL I'm on 50 Shades Darker. I know EXACTLY what you mean. Definitely nothing like I've read before, and I'm frankly a little shocked at myself that I'm enjoying them so much!

I told FI not to worry, that my reading it would benefit him, as well. :)
  • im on the first book now. I usually read a bunch of job related research but last week I was fried and needed some nice reading to get my mind off work so i bought it on my fiancée nook. I am up to page 230 now lol.
    Photobucket invite1
  • I have been dying to read this book!! I think my friend is going to let me borrow her books...but I might just go buy them myself so I can start now.
    weddingpic
  • I'm halfway through Fifty Shades Darker, the 2nd book. I seem to be the minority here, because I don't think they're THAT good. Definitely a mindless, enjoyable read, but is it life-changing like some people are saying? Nope. The writing style is not especially sophisticated (if I have to hear about Ana's "inner goddess" one more time, I may bite someone's face off ala Miami Zombie), the dialogue is a little bland (mine, twitchy palms, etc), and the characters can become boring because the scenarios they are in are unrealistic (for their relationship to be what it is in 4-8 weeks? Really?). I've actually started skimming the sex scenes because they're getting repetitive. HOWEVER, definitely something worth reading.
  • norsernnorsern member
    First Comment
    I agree with you 100% Aimee!  The writing is not great, the plot is unrealistic, and I skimmed over 90% of the sex scenes, but the books are still worth reading lol.
    P1131150
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards