October 2012 Weddings

Wedding programs

Decided I am going to make my own programs for the wedding ceremony but I am not sure what typically goes in it.  I was thinking of using pretty peacock themed paper (6 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch) and printing on to a piece of velium paper, then attaching with colored ribbon on the top.  Is that big enough?  Is it usually just a list of who is involved with the ceremony or  do people sometimes include the words to their readings in the program? 
Thanks in advance ladies!
Follow Me on Pinterest image

Weight Loss Journey Blog- Feel free to read if you like!updated 3/25/12 http://danaslapbandjourney.blogspot.com/

Re: Wedding programs

• We are doing a Catholic ceremony.  I am just doing a simple program that is similar to if you took an 8.5 by 11 sheet of paper and folded it in half, and it opens like a book.   The front is going to have our names, date, the church and a cute cartoon sketchy my sister is drawing.   (She is designing everything for me since she is an awesome graphic designer.)   The inside will have the wedding party information/readers, etc. on the left, and then start into listing the songs, readings, etc.  Really just the order of mass so that people can follow along.   I'll probably include page numbers for the songs people can participate in, but will not be writing the readings out or anything.

The back will have a cute message to people for coming and also something about our deceased grandparents who we wish could be there to celebrate.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards