October 2012 Weddings

Organization

So, I know that there's a LOT that goes into planning a wedding, and I thought I was prepared for it all. But I'm finding that I really wasn't, lol!

I was just wondering if any of you have suggestions for ways that I can organize all of my wedding planning documents?
photo 8772_10102412474713255_135784916_n.jpg

Re: Organization

• Keep everything in a binder. Google wedding binder templates it is ALOT of help! Keep EVERYTHING wedding related in there from receipts and an idea notebook.
  • I do everything on the computer (hazard of being a doctoral student I suppose) anyway, all my vendor contacts, guest lists etc just get thrown in the wedding folder on my laptop. Signed contracts get scanned and saved, same with receipts. Works for me...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    October 13, 2012
  • I have a binder and I love it! It helps me keep everything together. I also have a file on my computer just for pictures that I see online that give me wedding ideas! So far I have 50 already, lol. Good Luck!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited April 2011
    Thanks for the ideas/tips, ladies!
  • I am doing the same I have a "notebook" on the computer through one note, I used it in college alot.. it kept me organized enough to get through a chemistry degree it will help  with a wedding.. for physical paper work I am going with a binder with a planner and keeping it all together..
    imageimage OCT 2012 May Siggy! Engagement rings! Wedding Countdown Ticker imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • acwmacwm member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I LOVE OneNote for this stuff. I can drag and file photos, keep track of all vendor information and contracts-- it's great. I keep hard copies and electronic copies of contracts.
    Photobucket
  • i have most saved on the comp, but also a folder with all our contracts and  info as a back up.. and if i see anything in mag that i take out.

so far its working for me even tho my FI says "its a mess" but i can find everything i need in a sec so im not changing it at all lol
    Oct. 2012 Siggy E-Rings Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • Onenote sounds really nice, but I would have to purchase it, so that's out for me. I may just look into finding a wedding binder or something to keep all of my receipts and such, as well as magazine pictures, etc.

Thanks for all of the good advice, ladies!
  • I am a spreadsheet-a-holic!  I use OpenOffice.  It's free, but works just like Microsoft Office.  For inspiration pics, etc, I have a folder on my computer where I store things.  I plan to use my website as a "junk drawer" to hold everything in one place!  I also keep paper copies of everything.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker www.jeremyandsarah.weebly.com
  • Thanks kalakala916! I'll have to check OpenOffice out!
  • jeslmjeslm member
    First Comment
    I'm also doing everything on the computer- I'm keeping a file of paper copies of everything, but it's all getting scanned and saved before it hits the file.
    FI made me a spreadsheet (he knows how to use Excel, I know how to fill in the bubbles) to handle money, guest lists, and pricing options.  It's incredibly complicated and I never could've made it, but it is saving my life with the venue pricing options and keeping the budget in mind.

If you have someone in your life who knows Excel, I can't say enough about having a spreadsheet.  Plus it's great because if someone else is footing part of the bill, you can just send it to them and they can see where the money is going.

Good luck :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards