October 2012 Weddings
Options

My dress

I had my try on appointment today.  I love my dress so much more than I loved it when I bought it (and I loved it a lot then!)  It looked perfect with my veil, exactly how I pictured myself looking on my wedding day.  I have lace at the bottom hem and I was worried about having to have the dress hemmed because it would be expensive to remove the lace, shorten the dress, then put the lace back on.  But the length it perfect!

My next big problem:  How do I keep my dress in my house for the next 4 and a half months (minus when it's out for alterations) and not wear it every day?

Re: My dress

• Options
    That's so exciting!!!

I gave my dress to my MOH to store at her house. I was affraid I would try it on 1,000 times before the wedding. I'm glad I gave it to her because it keeps it kind of special. So far I have been to her house once to try it on with my jewelry. :)
    October 2012 Board: June Siggy
  • Options
    My dress is at my Dad's. So far I've only been able to try it on once when I went and got my quote for alterations. If I had it at my house I'd probably want to put it on every day.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    My dress is at my brother's house.  Veil and all.  I don't trust myself to not try it on, don't trust my cats...i had a nightmare vision of them scaling up the side of the dress, plus FI still smokes (I am trying hard to get him to quit) and I don't want the dress to smell like smoke.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My dress is sitting in the bridal salon. The seamstress also runs her business in the same bulilding so the bridal salon holds onto dresses if you're using that particular seamstress. If the dress was at my house or my mom's I'd be over everyday to try it on.
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • Options
    This is why it might be a blessing that my dress doesn't get in until August.  Once it is in though, I don't know where I will store it.  My only local BM is moving back to IA this summer and none of my family is around here.  I guess his parents.... 

Congrats on the dress! 

• Options
    Mine is 4hrs away at my grandmas! I don't go home much but when I do I have to peek and it usually put it on! 
    for siggy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards