October 2012 Weddings

Non-weekend Weddings?!?

I am dead set on an October wedding & we recently decided to push the wedding to 2012 in order to double our budget. I thought it would kind of cute to get married on October 11, 2012 or 10.11.12 but the 11th falls on a Thursday! Not sure how I feel about asking guest to come to a wedding on a Thursday knowing some of them may have to into work the next day. How do you guys feel about weekday weddings? Thanks to all & of course congratulations! 

Re: Non-weekend Weddings?!?

• To me, it would depend on how far away I live from where the ceremony and reception are. If it is over an hour and a half drive and I had to work the next day I would be more hesitant about attending. That said, if it was my sister or my best friend I would be there no matter what the day or time was.

I would talk to your and your fiance's families and make sure all the important people in your life would be able to do that day and then go from there.

Congrats on your engagement!
  • I made this difficult desicion after much discussion with my fiance.
    We decided to get married on 10.11.12 even though it is a Thursday because everything is significantly cheaper, sometimes as much as half the price. We are having an early evening wedding, and are giving all our family and friends as much notice as possible so they can get off work or make plans for a four day weekend (if they like) In the end, the cost was a big factor in our decision and we've never looked back! :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards