October 2012 Weddings

All-in-One Favor/Place Card?

I've been thinking a lot lately on what I want as favors and have a few things in mind and wouldn't mind some opinions.... 

The first is to order candy apples (one per couple they are HUGE) and tie their place card to the stick of the apple.  Since this could be pricey and I am trying to keep the cost as minimal as possible, my second thought is to do sort of a halloween candy favor.  I'd like to make my own bags (small burlap, perhaps to keep with my barn/farmhouse/cozy theme) but not sure how to get the place card portion in there without being tacky.   I am so not creative today.

Re: All-in-One Favor/Place Card?

• I would just attach the place card like a little gift tag to the burlap or you could write the name of the couple/person on the bag with like marker or paint depending on how well you like your handwritting. Both options sound great to me! I want to do the same thing and combine the placecards and favors together but I have no idea want kind of favor we are going to do! 
    for siggy
  • The candy apples sound nice, you could tie a piece of ribbon around the top and string a pice of paper through, you can print the names in a fancy font on microsoft word and cut them out with the scissors that make cool edge lines too. I would print them on a thicker paper too like card stock. Good Luck
  • I agree with adding a tag to the bag with a really nice font.  I think it will easier and cheaper than having to do candy apples. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Also supporting the idea of laying candy bags out with the guest's name attached to the bag.
  • Thanks ladies!  :) That makes me feel better.  I'm even thinking of having extra bags with bowls of candy so folks can take more if they want.  It will be sooooo much cheaper than the apples!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards