October 2012 Weddings

CHECK! I just made the most perfect seating chart ever

I thought this part was going to be super hard - 2 sets of divorced parents (and both dads have dates) who don't want to sit together, a few of FI's friends in a major feud (involving the best man and a groomsman, with some of their friends taking sides)...

Main things:
Sweetheart table for us
Moms/Siblings table
Dads/Stepfamily table
Uncles/Aunts (2 tables)
Bridal party - for the remaining 7 tables, all friends, I put 1 or two members of our 10 member bridal party (with their dates) at each table, so the bridesmaid or groomsman can act as a "host" to the other guests. I put our NYC friends at one table (they all don't know each other, but should meet), and grouped everyone else by logical social circles (and luckily, the feuding groomsmen had enough mutual friends on each side that they're separate). I am so pleased with how this turned out. 

WHEW! That was one of my last big checks to do! Now I just have to make their place cards and a few smaller things...

Re: CHECK! I just made the most perfect seating chart ever

• Finishing the seating chart gives you such a sense of accomplishment! High five!
    October 2012 December Siggy - A Favorite Wedding Photo image
  • Congratulations! I feel like I did the same thing and can't wait to see how it works out. We are sitting at a center table with everyone else around us in a circle. Each table has a connection to either of the tables next to them. Everyone should have ample time to chat with the other guests that they know well but also get to know some new people. Felt like a huge accomplishment. .
    Just my two cents! Penny L G M
  • I finished mine yesterday.  I am soooo gald to have that done!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Great Job!! - Its HUGE Sense of Accomplishement when its done - I was SOOOOO HAPPY when I finished mine last week  :)
    Best Wishes, Melissa Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thats awesome! I just had to redo mine since we had some cancellations last minute so I had to move some people around and redo some place cards. Sucked to have to do that when I thought I was done, but it is what it is! My wedding is this coming weekend so I'm to the point that I just dont care anymore about that type of stuff lol
  • Just remember, don't show it to anybody! They will HAVE to add their 2 cents, trust me :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards