October 2012 Weddings

Critique my candy/dessert buffet set up!!! (PIP)

We are doing a mix of candy and baked goods (cookies and cupcakes)
I'm thinking about putting round bowls on the gold charger plates if we need more room for candy.
Also...I love the basket, but it does not photograph well AT ALL!

It's so hard to visualize with no goodies!!! Be brutal. I need it! :)

October 2012 Board: June Siggy

Re: Critique my candy/dessert buffet set up!!! (PIP)

• I think it's really cute...but hard to visualize with no candy etc in the pic.

About how many cucakes are you doing?  Will they all fit on those stands?  You could use tall, narrow vases to put the candy in too, that way more candy fits in less space.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agree with Nic, hard to visualize with no candy and such. Where are you putting everything? Cupcakes on the back trays, cookies on the gold trays and candy in the glass things? I don't know how many guests you'll be having but it doesn't look like you'll have much room for many. I love all your pieces! Did you get that stuff from Marshall's/tj Maxx or home goods? The stands look like what I am using for my cake! I love that store : )
  • How will they get the candy out of the bowls the tops look a little small to reach in there and the tall ones look too deep to get the candy on the bottom
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_critique-candydessert-buffet-set-up-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:e6c966c9-5e95-48ce-b61d-d7698244c626Post:22f9ae84-710a-4c7d-9241-7669c5697767">Re: Critique my candy/dessert buffet set up!!! (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]How will they get the candy out of the bowls the tops look a little small to reach in there and the tall ones look too deep to get the candy on the bottom
    Posted by stephdi7971[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I was going to mention that as well, but I thought of it after I hit submit.  Do you have a scoop or some sort of long tongs to get the candy out?  Will you be providing something to put the candy in too (bags, boxes, etc)?</div>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • How many guests are you having? The bowls don't look like they'll fit much candy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards