October 2012 Weddings

Any October 2012 Brides?

I'm a 19 year old student and im just wondering if there are any brides out there planning a wedding for October 2012. I am not doing any major planning right now, but I just want to get an idea what other people are doing. :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Any October 2012 Brides?

• That is what I was going to do, but decided to do it during grad school and then waiting for the honeymoon. And that's about all we have done also. I don't know where to start and when to really start planning everything. I am so excited though!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • me :) The only thing we have booked so far is our reception venue. I wanted to get the cheaper price , before it went up and they had just remodeled their ballroom :) My next thing is to get a photographer but we still have time! It's a little frustrating to feel like it's to early to plan things lol, but so exciting still :)
  • Our newest date is October 20, 2012.  We've postponed twice so hopefully this one will stick.  since we have been planning before, I have our invitations, favor bags, thank you cards, centerpieces and my bouquet.  We are doing silk flowers.  We have our venue picked out, just waiting to reserve it.  We have our officiant (my bil) and really just need to pick a photographer.  and pay for everything, of course.

A word of warning, which you may have already heard elsewhere, do not choose your wedding parties (if you are having them) until 12-10 months before the wedding.  So much can change between now and then.
  • me! my fiance just proposed to me on Friday, but we've been thinking about getting married for a little while. We are planning for an October 6, 2012 wedding in upstate New York. I'm just looking at reception venues right now, checking out dresses, and admiring the ring :)

jessie + michael = Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Me, I am also getting married in October.  We have choosen October13 2012.  I love the fall...we arent doing fall colors but I love the trees and I couldn't imagine any other time!!  We have looked at venues and wrote down and rough guest list just to know what size venue to look at but nothing major.  I dont have a ring yet but my boyfriend is picky and wants everything almost perfect...he doesnt like to settle!

• My fiance proposed on Memorial Day!!! We've set a day of 10/11/12. I thought the date was too cute. October is the month in between our birthdays. I'm just getting started with picking colors and decor. I will be graduating this Dec, so I'll have more time to plan.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am also an Oct. 2012 Bride. However we are already married, we were married 10/7/2006. We are hosting a 2nd wedding/anniversary, due to some things that did not go right with our first wedding. We are doing it all over again and because the 7th is on a Sunday, we will be hosting it on 10/6/2012 instead. The only thing that we have picked out (but have not put down a deposit or anything) is our reception venue. We have a small guest list, about 40 people. I've also been going through color schemes, dresses and looking for a wedding designer (coordinator) for the day of prep. Super excited and seems like its going to be a long time, but I know it will come fast.

• Hi Oct Brides to Be

My fiance and I are getting married on Oct 20th 2012 (Month Twin to one of you) in Virginia. We have changed our date about five times but hopefully this time it will stick (If not, my fiance said he is not going to marry me anymore lol). I have not done any planning. We are starting to look at venues now so we can get a cheaper rate and also have alot of time to pay for things.
  • I'm looking at Oct 2012 for my wedding as well! My wonderful fiance and I got engaged on our 5 year anniversary, May 14th, and we originally wanted to plan a wedding for next May. But I'm finishing up nursing school and will graduate May 2012, and he will be getting two raises in his job in the next 18 months so we thought that we would wait until after I graduate and that way it gives us some time to save up more money and have the wedding of our dreams. I'm still a little hesitant about a 2+ year engagement but I guess neither one of us is going anywhere so whats it matter! :) I'm still toying with the idea of June 2012 but I LOVE fall and we're both from upstate NY and now that we live in Texas I really miss the colors and would love to get married in fall! I've picked out some ideas but without a date set in stone we'll see what happens. Good luck to all the other 2012 brides!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our date is also Oct. 13, 2012! so exciting to see someone else with the same date  :) I was thinking either that or Oct. 6th but I just ended up choosing the 13th - dunno why! lol anyway, good luck with everything <3 So far we just have our reception venue booked and my next thing is to get a photographer.
  • I'm here. We have moved our wedding twice and now plan to have it in 10/12, come hell or high water!!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    2 Hearts, 4 Wagging Tails and a Baby
    TTC #1 since 3/09 - DX Hypothyroid, PCOS, MFI
    M/C 8/10
    Injections/IUI #2 = BFP!! Emmett, born 12/7/11
    TTC #2 - CP 9/12, M/C 1/13
    Injections/IUI - April 2013
  • Me! We also chose 10.11.12 as our wedding date.
    We both ended up doing extended schooling which is why our date is (to us!) so far away. By then we'll be seven months out of school.
    On the bad side, I'm too excited and want to do the planning now but a lot of it will have to wait, at the very least, until next fall. I do have a ceremony venue and my dress picked out already. :p
  • newly engaged as of last saturday and we're thinking october of 2012.. its so so exciting but i feel like its really too early to plan things yet. Whats everyone else think?
  • I am planning to have a beautiful fall theme wedding. Of course, I love Halloween. So I hope for us to be married on October 31, 2012. I have been looking at venues in Bucks County, PA as well as the option of a Disney Wedding since Im going to be doing an internship with them this fall (Disney College Program). I'm so excited and I look daily at dresses and such. I also finally got my official engagement ring so everything is perfect. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mkeenemkeene member
    First Comment
    Just got engaged on June 10,2010 we are planning on Oct. 21, 2012 because we will both be done with our degrees inb Dec. 2011, so 2012 seemed like a good year and the date came from combining our parents wedding dates, (his parents on sept 21 my on oct. 30 so we picked oct 21). We havent done much planning just working on getting a guest list somewhat in order so we can set a budget. I'm so excited
  • Me too, me too! ;)

We are looking at 10-20-12 for our date...we are *not* officially engaged yet, just because he is saving up for the perfect ring, but have already started with some preliminary planning...we've both known since just about the very beginning that we'd be tying the knot someday! He's promised me a ring by the end of this year, so I am driving him & everyone else crazy with my anticipation!! Hehehe...

So far we have been working hard on our guest list (he wants a huge wedding and I'd rather run away w/immediate fam to an island to do it, so we're compromising and trying to get ourselves down to about 120 people total). I've been looking at dresses online a lot. We have been pricing venues, cakes, and catering but haven't decided to try and book anything yet. I know what our favors and general reception decor will be (thanks to all the awesome ideas on The Knot!!) (Caramel apple favors for our fall wedding. Colors typical of the season - chocolate brown, deep reds, oranges. Lotsss of candlelight & minimal flowers. Gerbera daises, coffee beans & photos of us as centerpieces.)

Ahhhh! I could go on forever. I'm getting so excited to be officially engaged :D I'll stop there and try to avoid nauseating everyone. :D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker White Knot
  • I plan on having a fall wedding! I have been engaged for almost three years, we decided to have a long engagement because of us being in college and wanting to finish school first.
    We decided on October 6, 2012 we both love the fall, and its my grandmothers birthday she died when i was young and we were very close. I have looked at dresses, even though I wont decide on anything to soon. We have picked our hall for our reception. Can't wait we are so excited! 

• Me too! Looks like OCT 20 2010 is a popular date, that is ours as well!  We just got engaged June 21st.  We haven't booked anything but we are looking at places for ceremony/reception.  I have pretty much been looking into EVERYTHING these past couple weeks because I am so excited.  I feel a little silly since I have more than two years until then!  :)  I will probably have it all planned out by the end of this year and I won't have anything else to worry about the whole year before our wedding! haha
  • I am also October 20th, 2012 in upstate new york. we are just starting to get little things here and there figures out, but nothing major yet. We will wait another year until we make any major decisions i feel.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Me Too!!  We just got engaged last friday!!  Congrats to all the other brides to be!  We picked October because it's in the fall, which in South Texas, means that it will almost be cooling off.lol.  We are having such a long engagement because we will need to save up to pay for the wedding, and it will be about two more years before my braces are off.  So, good luck to everyone!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • My boyfriend and I have decided to have our wedding in October 2012.  We are doing a costumed Halloween wedding.  We want it to be fun.  I already have my costume picked out and we know who we want to invite.  We've decided to wait until then because he wanted to have more time to save up for a nice ring.  We have four children all together so not a lot of money in savings right now.  We plan on paying for everything ourselves.  I have a lot of ideas on how to do the ceremony and reception, but was wondering if anyone else was doing this type of wedding and if so, any ideas they'd like to share??
  • I'm glad to see so many others that have postponed multiple times!  This is our third (and hopefully last!) attempt and the date is set for 10/13/2012...
    Bioliciousness

Life and death, energy and peace. If I stop today it was still worth it. Even the terrible mistakes that I made and would have unmade if I could. The pains that have burned me and scarred my soul, it was worth it, for having been allowed to walk where I've walked, which was to hell on earth, heaven on earth, back again, into, under, far in between, through it, in it, and above. ~ gia maria carangi

• Ladies:  I feel so old, but this is my second wedding.  Our families have been friends for more than 30 years and we just got back in touch with each other last year through Facebook.  When we did, it all just clicked and ever since we've been discussing marriage (and how I should have married him 30 years ago).  We originally planned for next year but decided to move it to 2012.  Time to plan and just relax during the planning this time.  It will be a Christian wedding with peacock feathers as my inspiration - love the colors.  Browns, blues, greens and purples with a little red thrown in to spice it up.  Since we have teenage children and will have a blended family, my daughter suggested the sand ceremony to show unity between our two families.  Hopefully the older children will be okay with it.

To all the young brides, do your wedding your way.  Don't let anyone deter you from your vision or fiance's vision of what your wedding day should be.  Check out the expos if you get a chance, even if you have your vendors set.  You might find something unique and different to use for your special day.

Congratulations.
  • ME! :)

We set the date for October 27th, 2012 , got engaged this past 4th of July! We thought that 2 years is plenty time to plan everything exactly how we want it without too much of the chaotic running around and rushing. We were originally planning a tent wedding/reception but after searching around we realized how much work that entails. So we are looking at different places, set up a few appointments to go to talk to venues. My problem is that we have a 3 and 1 year old and my nephew and his niece are all in the wedding...and if we invite all of our guests kids, theres 25children (mostly under 5 by the time of the wedding)...we arent having a huge wedding, our guest list has 70people...and the kids make it about 100!!! how do we NOT invite their children when there are 5 in the wedding party alone?!?
  • mek20mek20 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    ahhh! i love this board!

I am currently a student, and my boyfriend, who graduated this past may from college starts his first "job-job" on monday! My boyfriend and I have picked out Oct. 6th, 2012 as well as many others on here :) We are not engaged yet, but talk about out wedding like we are. We will be engaged by the end of the year, i am assured. We are not big "fall theme" people, but we want to go with earth tone colors. We are also in upstate New York.
    First comes Love (2.23.2006)
    Then comes Marriage (6.23.2012)
    Then comes Baby #1 (5.10.2013)
    And Baby #2 (EDD 6.15.2014)
    In the baby carriage! 
  • We too are getting married in October of 2012.  To be exact we are getting married October 20, 2012.
    I have started planning only in the sense of talking to my FH about venues, and style, colours and budget.
    We plan to have a platnium and black wedding, very classic and hope to have white calla lilies to set the right mood.
    My Fh isn't too involved in the planning process as of yet , but I am sure he will be.  He says he will do whatever I want.
    This is a subsequent marriage for me and his first so i want him to have the wedding he wants.  I will wear white as that is his idea of a bride, but no veil or train.  My children are going to be a big part of this wedding just as they are a big part of our family.
    I look forward to planning our wedding along side of you ladies and seeing what your ideas are.
    Oh BTW I am a Candian bride living in Ontario, Canada, close to Toronto.  In case you thought I spelt Colour wrong.  lol
  • edited August 2010
    well we both know we want it in oct and I wanted it in oct of 2011 but that aint happening seeing as the place I have my heart set on is booked everyweekend in oct. 2011 gah.(jus tofund this out today) soo now, we are debating which weekend in 2012 we want. I have a rough draft of the budget and who i am intiviting on my side as well. Also i ahve narrowed my color scheme down to two and have also started lookking at dresses and what kind of food/catering i want. not too sure about the DJ though.... my fh keeps saying that he will like whatever i like. He hasnt given an opinion on anything but the dress when we wer elooking at pictures. and so in hopes of getting him more involved i got us tickets to a bridal expo, maybe actually seeing stuff and not jsut looking at pictures will bring out his opinions more.
  • I thought I was the only bride planning so early....got engaged 2 weeks ago...set the date for October 20, 2012...I don't feel so bad planning so early now...people were making me sound insane
  • October 13th is my day too cant wait! ive done a guest list rough draft been envisioning the type of wedding i want. Definitely a retro theme october is such a beautiful and mysterious month love it
  • Yep, I'm October 19th 2012! We have switched the date 3 times now - hey 3rd times a charm! :) I have a lot of things planned and I'm slowly doing DYI!
    ~ Amber & Jesse ~ Wedding Countdown Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards