Options

Running of the Brides

Did anyone go today?

Re: Running of the Brides

• Options
    AdelaCAdelaC member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did, and made it back into work by 12pm. I am exhausted...I'm guessing the other ladies are sleeping to catch up on all the craziness this morning.Also I bought a BEAUTIFUL gown, but I think I bought it based on impulse. I am going to keep looking.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It is exhausting, isn't it? I went last year and needed a nap desparately. I got an $8k dress for $260. It's always worth atleast going, if only for the experience.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Adela...pics???
    226 Invitedimage 153 Are Ready to Partyimage 68 Are Washing Their Hairimage 5 Better Not Make Me Hunt Them Downimage RSVP Date: June 15
    July 10, 2010
    imageimage
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went yesterday! It was a lot of fun. We camped out overnight. I didn't find my dress, but I wasn't too disappointed. I already found the perfect dress at a bridal boutique. So I knew that I wouldn't want another dress unless I loved it more than the other one. And I'm really picky. My advice is to go with the idea that it's fun and an adventure. If you aren't picky or don't have a set idea of what kind of dress you want, you will probably find one. Also, the majority of the dresses were cream or ivory. I'm looking for a white dress, and maybe 20% of the dresses were actually white. If you have the opportunity to go though, I would go for it. We have a ton of memories and I came home and ordered my dream dress that afternoon :)
    BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    VickyFlorVickyFlor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went yesterday with two wonderful coworkers around lunch time.  It was fun.  I went with the idea of doing research.  Plus, after hearing about the Running of the Brides for so long, I was curious.  I enjoyed the freedom to walk around, pull myself and see tags.  Now, if I had gone in thinking this was it and that I had to find something, I think I would have been stressed.  It was a good thing to do at least once.  I have a better idea of works on me and that's cool.  One thing I have to mention, the prices were pretty good.  I saw dresses by Watters, Ann Barge, Melissa Sweet, Romona Keveza and Jim Hjelm at a fraction of what they cost in salons!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went I got in line about 3:30am.  I really enjoyed the whole expierence and I found the dress.  I wasnt stressed about finding a dress because I had already picked out a dress I loved but I did end up finding on that I liked better.  Like someone said.  Most of the dresses were ivory or cream and even champange.  Finding white was next to impossible.  I wanted white but got a ivory dress.  But the dress was so beautiful I didnt care about the color anymore.  I was out of there about 11:30am and the last 45 mins of that was waiting for my mother to arrive to give her opinion.  I had a blast there and I am so happy I decided to go. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay! Congrats to those of you who found your dresses! We were cheering for the people around us who found dresses. It's part of the fun :)
    BabyFruit Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards