April 2012 Weddings

My Bridal Shower! (LOTS of PIP)

My mom, bridesmaid and family friend threw me a 'surprise' shower!! I kind of knew it was coming from her suspicious behavior. The icing on the cake was when I pulled up and the valet asked, 'so, are you here for the bridal shower?' O.o...I responded 'You mean the surprise shower for me? Why, yes.'

The theme was an English tea party. Everything was absolutely beautiful. Each table was a different color & coordinated with a flower. Our table was yellow daffodil. There were a few last minute cancelations, but most came. There were loads and loads of gifts that we needed 2 cars to take home, yet only 20 guests! My friends/family are so very generous. 

Here are some of the best pictures (we took hundreds).

Surprise!

Me & my sweetie...the only man there!

Me & my bridesmaid. My MOH lives OOT, so she couldn't be there :'(

Table decor with teacup planters and favors
By our amazingly beautiful cake!
Bedding!
Keurig! YES!
VS Card...that one made my FI happy
Why do we still make ribbon hats?
My mom in the center and my two Aunts, Maria Antonia (L) and Doris (R)

Re: My Bridal Shower! (LOTS of PIP)

• Awwww yay everything looks amazing and im so glad you had so much fun. LOL at the valet giving it away. :)
    Photobucket
    April 2012 April siggy challenge: How I relax image
    My Barely There Bio updated 7/12!
  • wow - I love the pics and it looks like you had a great time!!  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Awesome! Looks like you guys got a lot of cool stuff and had a blast with your friends/family! And yeah the ribbon hats are so silly!
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • What are the ribbon hats?
  • Fun!  You guys look like you had a blast!  LOL at the valet :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Aww how fun! Glad you had a great time! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Looks like you had a great time! Congrats
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_my-bridal-shower-lots-of-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:4331431f-cf79-4da7-964a-c58933c4dd14Post:e14e8710-b311-46da-8309-66d9be9eebe3">Re: My Bridal Shower! (LOTS of PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]What are the ribbon hats?
    Posted by norman74[/QUOTE]
    It's a 'hat' made out of the ribbons & bows that came on all of the gifts you received. I've seen it done at 99.9% of every shower (bridal or baby) that I've been to. Mine, was no exception. This time, they even made one for my poor FI. Apparently they don't do that in Martinique, so he was freaking out. It was kind of comical...<div>
    </div><div>Thanks everyone!</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_my-bridal-shower-lots-of-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:4331431f-cf79-4da7-964a-c58933c4dd14Post:39796dc9-ea03-4412-8164-d16bb530005d">Re: My Bridal Shower! (LOTS of PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: My Bridal Shower! (LOTS of PIP) : It's a 'hat' made out of the ribbons & bows that came on all of the gifts you received. I've seen it done at 99.9% of every shower (bridal or baby) that I've been to. Mine, was no exception. This time, they even made one for my poor FI. Apparently they don't do that in Martinique, so he was freaking out. It was kind of comical... Thanks everyone!
    Posted by rlavach[/QUOTE]

Neat!  I've only ever seen the bows be used to make a bouquet for the bride to use at the rehearsal.
  • I HATE the ribbon hat!!! LOL Looks like you had a great time! Now you can fill your new apartment! How's it coming btw?
    April 2012 March Siggy Challenge - Honeymoon!! Costa Rica
    Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 158 Invited
    image 129 Are Party Rockin!!
    image 23 Will be missing out!
    image 6 Can't find the mailbox!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_my-bridal-shower-lots-of-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:4331431f-cf79-4da7-964a-c58933c4dd14Post:191f6757-3c03-4ac9-9f9b-a0c6aa373b19">Re: My Bridal Shower! (LOTS of PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I HATE the ribbon hat!!! LOL Looks like you had a great time! Now you can fill your new apartment! How's it coming btw?
    Posted by faerylvr27[/QUOTE]
    Ribbon hats are just so silly. My BM was trying to get me to fight it & say no. But to me, if it makes my mom & aunts happy, then it's worth it. It's not a 'hill to die on.'<div>
    </div><div>The apartment is coming along pretty well. My FI moved in the night after the shower & has done a good job of finishing some of the furniture assembly. Still have 2 tables left. We did get a lot of items, but not nearly everything we need. I know it will sound greedy from the outside, but since we had 20 guests, we didn't even get enough to really survive, even if we used all of the gifts now, rather than waiting until after the wedding. I actually cried at the end of the night, thinking of all of the things we'd have to buy. I was hoping for a few gift cards, but nothing. I know it sounds horrible, it's just overwhelming to think of all of the money we're spending. </div><div>
    </div><div>Fortunately, I found an entire white dish set in my grandma's basement, complete with dinner/salad plates, soup bowls, cups, veg bowls, the works. So at least I don't have to buy that. We borrowed 2 pots from my mom & I'm going to try & buy him some towels, a microwave, coffee maker & other basic necessities. Hopefully he can get by with that. </div>
  • I totally get where you're coming from with spending all the money for the apartment. I think I spent close to $500 just on window treatments! I know my shower isn't until the end of March, so I have to wait to buy stuff, but in the meanwhile I guess we will eat with plastic forks & spoons? lol I bought cheap plastic (but nice looking) dishes, salad plates & bowls from target and plastic tumblers also to hold us over. It's better for us for everyday use anyway since we have 2 boys under 10. All you can do is get what you can, when you can. Maybe a decent thrift store will have some housewares you may like to help you in the meanwhile... Good luck with everything! :)
    April 2012 March Siggy Challenge - Honeymoon!! Costa Rica
    Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 158 Invited
    image 129 Are Party Rockin!!
    image 23 Will be missing out!
    image 6 Can't find the mailbox!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_my-bridal-shower-lots-of-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:4331431f-cf79-4da7-964a-c58933c4dd14Post:f00add0f-5964-4bab-8d54-a4b33aaa7196">Re: My Bridal Shower! (LOTS of PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I totally get where you're coming from with spending all the money for the apartment. I think I spent close to $500 just on window treatments! I know my shower isn't until the end of March, so I have to wait to buy stuff, but in the meanwhile I guess we will eat with plastic forks & spoons? lol I bought cheap plastic (but nice looking) dishes, salad plates & bowls from target and plastic tumblers also to hold us over. It's better for us for everyday use anyway since we have 2 boys under 10. All you can do is get what you can, when you can. Maybe a decent thrift store will have some housewares you may like to help you in the meanwhile... Good luck with everything! :)
    Posted by faerylvr27[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, we're just taking it slow right now. Just getting the bare minimium & I plan on using whatever money we receive from the wedding to pay for the rest of it. There was really nothing we received that we don't need, so it's not like we can do any returning. Fortunately guys seem to be able to live with less, so I think he'll be ok. Good luck to you too!
  • It looks like you had so much fun! That's fantastic :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards