DC

STD's

Since our wedding isnt until May, when do you guys think we should send out STD's to the OOT guests?
Melissa ~ Wife to Eddie; Soccer Mom to Mikel, Mikaela & Baby #3 Pregnancy Ticker

Re: STD's

• psmith1216psmith1216 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sending mine out this weekend (my wedding is May 8) because all of my guests are OOT.
  • edited December 2011
    My wedding is 5/7/2010 and we are sending them this weekend/next week.
  • edited December 2011
    Wow! So soon! Wouldnt they get lost in the shuffle somewhere between now and then? I was thinking more like Oct, Nov, Dec..Maybe Im just behind :(
    Melissa ~ Wife to Eddie; Soccer Mom to Mikel, Mikaela & Baby #3 Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I think you're fine as long as you send them before the 6-month mark.  If you have a lot of OOT guests you may want to send them in October.
  • edited December 2011
    My wedding is May 22, and I'm thinking of sending them in October. I think I'd avoid sending them in December because they might get mixed in with holiday cards and forgotten.
  • edited December 2011
    I think it also depends on what day your wedding is.  If people have to take off a day or two to make the trip down here, it's always better to know as far in advance as possible.  It just depends on how OOT they are. 
  • edited December 2011
    Our wedding is memorial day weekend..And most of our OOT guests are just a drive away (MD, NJ, NY) so I think we should be ok with sending them late this year. None the less I have to find little sticky magnets I can put on the back of them before sending them out, lol! Any ideas on where I can find those?
  • kris_lynettekris_lynette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding is Memorial Day weekend and we are sending our save-the-dates in the next couple of weeks.  Since most folks book vacations around that time in MD/DC, we are giving our guests much needed notice so lodging is not an issue.  You can never be too early.
    Little Lima's Mommy
  • edited December 2011
    my wedding is May 15, 2010. We didn't send save the dates but either personally told people or emailed them the date. My mom, old fashioned, got a kick out of calling everyone and telling them I am getting married. I am 36 and the only girl, so I think she thought it would never happen- but waiting is the best way to make sure its right! I say send them when you want to send them, a save the date card does not necessarily mean that people will still be able to come anyway. You can also do them by email using this website or evite.
  • edited December 2011
    VistaPrint does affordable magnets with nice designs. We're getting married June 12th, and will probably send them out in NOvember or early December
  • spuliaficospuliafico member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    vitamint, we're date buddies! I haven't sent/made mine yet but we're shooting for them to go out the end of this month, I grew up in NY so my whole family is OOT...we're just having ours made at Walmart though so they'll be ready within an hour of me ordering them online...I'm not stressing they all know when it is anyway!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards