DC

Rehearsal Dinner Help-DC

We are looking for a restaurant in DC that we can have a plated dinner or buffet/stations plus open bar for $3500 including tax/service. We are going to have around 55 people. Does anyone know of any places that could fit this criteria? We are having a really hard time finding anything but we have to stay in DC because of the rehearsal location. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Help-DC

• HoosierTerpHoosierTerp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you check out Clyde's?  Maggiano's fits your criteria, but the closest to DC is Chevy Chase.  However that is right at a metro stop.
  • edited December 2011
    Boca di Beppo might be a good place too
  • aubreynsaubreyns member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having 30-40 people at my rehearsal and am having a hard time finding a restaurant.  I've looked at District Chophouse, Restaurant 1789, Clydes, and Chef Geoffs.  Also look at Old Ebitt Grill and Sequia in Georgetown.  They should all be in your price range, but I have not looked into an open bar.  Our problem has been the minimum food and beverage spend which is $1500-2000.  If we only have 30 people we might not spend $2000 on food and I don't want to pay for food we didn't eat.  With 55 people you shouldn't have that problem.  Just remember in DC there is 10% tax and 20% tip automatically added, so if $3500 is your total budget, take that into account when picking  a place.  Tax and tip add up.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    We used Clyde's and they did a great job.  Food was plated with passed food for a cocktail party at the beginning.  Service was great and prices were reasonable. They have a beautiful private room in Chinatown.  I would recommend seeing what's at the Verizon Center that night if you think some guests will be trying to drive. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards