DC

Uncomfortable and Disappointing experience at Bridal Store - Sorry so long

I had an uncomfortable & disappointing experience at this bridal store (www.riziks.com) on Connecticut Ave in Washington, DC last weekend. In search of the bridal gowns for the bridal party I called the store on that Friday to see if they had the gown in store. I spoke to the lady and she informed me that they had two of the gowns I was interested in. I arrived at the shop early Saturday moring with my Matron of Honor and no one even attempted to acknowledge our presence but all the while continued to dote all over the 1 other bride-to-be that was there, lets call her Susie. After about 10mins of waiting I inquired with a sales assoc about 1 of the dresses that we had to find ourselves. The sooooo busy associate (lets call her Rudey) cause thats just was she was; pointed them in a direction of more dresses and trotted off. No one asked about my wedding date, colors style of dresses I was interested in anything.After being sloshed into a dressing area where we tried dresses, I asks for the color swatches. So Rudey says, 'I need to know the material!' OK if you're the one who works there handling dresses all day, wouldnt you know the material? Anywho, she basically drops the color samples off and again leaves to finish her inventory or whatever. All the while she and um 'Becky'(Assoc #2) are all too happy to offer options, alteration info, compliments and any other normal service that a bridal shop usually gives; to Susie.What... everyone doesn't deserve the same type of service?? No but it gets better, she doesn't want to provide the costs of any of the dresses (she says its listed on the tags, find them & look) no info on ordering the other gowns that werent available in the store and then states, that for any purchases 'payment is required in full at the time of order.I then inquire about the trunk show they were having in the store for wedding dresses. (I have already purchased my dress but they did not know that). the lady just waves her hands over to the racks and states those are the dresses we have for the trunk show. She didnt move from the desk she was behind.At this point we both realized that these folks were not interested in providing us any type of real service and decided to leave but not BEFORE the ignorant insinuation of >Becky, "are those earrings we had out, still there?"< umm what u tryin to say?? Hmmm. U be the judge?

Re: Uncomfortable and Disappointing experience at Bridal Store - Sorry so long

• edited December 2011
    Aww, I'm so sorry that had to happen to you!  Shopping should be such a fun experience and when people seem to go out of their way to be rude like they were is just awful.  I mean, honestly, you called beforehand so they should have set the dresses aside for you or shown you where they were and maybe DO THEIR JOB giving you all the info you'd need.  Lol, I'm getting mad for you right now.  I'm sure/hope they lost some business now, not only from you, but by the word of mouth and reviews that I hope you post for them.
  • edited December 2011
    Wooowww...sorry you had to deal with that hon!  Let me tell you, the best service I got from a salon in this area was at Priscilla of Boston.  You guys should check them out, they were really really nice there.
    Expecting Two Little Knuckleheads in June! BabyName TickerBabyName Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We left and went to Hannalors in Old Town.  They were really nice.  They carry the designer I was looking at they just didnt have the particular dress in the store.  But the Customer Service at Hannalors was really good.
  • tracy_ktracy_k member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's annoying. Definitely one to avoid! A lot of these stores act like that when you come in without making an appontment, especially on a Saturday.
  • edited December 2011
    AWWW it's a damn shame but sorry to say -  girl not surprised.  I totally stayed away from certain areas when deciding who to give my money too.  BTW it's just as green as anyone else.  Anyway got my dress from Priscilla of Boston at Tyson's Cornor and the service was excellent. Sooo happy you were able to find your dresses at another store.  Now get back to Happy Planning     
  • edited December 2011
    I didnt have an appointment because when I called Friday I was told that you did not need an appointment for Bridesmaid dresses.  I went to the store very early in the morning they were only open about 30 mins.  There was only one other person there the girl trying on wedding dresses. 
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, sorry to hear that! I'll most certainly be avoiding that place.  You handled it well though, because I would have given Rudey and Becky what they were asking for! Kudos to you for being the better woman.
  • 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have to say, my experience there has always been terrible, too.  I don't understand it--they always seem to have the highest prices in the area on everything, yet they don't provide the kind of service that might lead people to be willing to pay those prices.
  • edited December 2011
    That is ridiculous. I am glad that you found a place that had what you were looking for and treated you right. I dread dress shopping... bad memories left over from last BM experience about 10 years ago... I walked into that store once and it definately did not feel welcoming.
  • edited December 2011
    Wow I'm so sorry.  I've heard other things about that place being rude but had no idea they would take it that far.  I will definitely avoid!
  • OFFOFF
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry! It's amazing how many places still do this. I've gotten the same feeling in Riziks. I was still in my casual looking stage and went to check out a trunk show they weren't the most inviting of places. There ate too many dress shops out there to tolerate rudeness or discrimination.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you for posting this review...I was planning on going to Rizik's because they have some wedding dress designers I am interested in...however, now I will certainly not be going there. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards