DC

Tabard Inn for reception or rehearsal dinner

Hi ladies,Has anyone looked into using Tabard Inn?  FI's aunt really wants us to consider it for the reception or rehearsal dinner.  I know the regular menu is really expensive, but the catering menus online have very reasonable prices, which makes me wonder if there are hidden fees.  Has anyone worked with them and know if the catering prices include tables, chairs, china, flatware, staff, etc?

Re: Tabard Inn for reception or rehearsal dinner

• Kitcat106Kitcat106 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I considered Tabard Inn as a venue, but ultimately chose another location. They give you 2 rooms for your ceremonya nd reception. You cannot have more than 56 guests. They are very strict about this. It is the main reason why I didn't pick the place.The catering menu sounded reasonable for the DC area, but I think they did a consumption bar. I don't remember if they had a cake0cutting fee. Guests (or you) will need to pay for parking.The wedding rooms are upstairs and there is no elevator. You also need to know this if you have guests who can't climb stairs.The place was really nice, but space is very limited. It would be perfect if you are having a very small, intimate wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh wow 56 is too small.  We're having the ceremony at a church but expect 80-90 for the reception.  And yeah I noticed the bar prices are pretty high. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards