DC
Options

DC location for SMALL vow renewal type thing? need suggestions!

I posted on the DC Nest board, but thought I should probably try here, too, since you all are in the thick of things. :)

My wife and I are getting legally married on 11/11 (DW loved the number play... how could I say no?). We already had the big fancy wedding (in 2008), so this time around it will just be the pastor, our 19-month-old twins, and maybe a friend or two. We're looking to do it as inexpensively as possible ($3k a month for daycare is killing us!), so no big hall rentals or anything. Free would be great! Also, I think we should plan to do it indoors or in a sheltered location in case the weather is crappy.

We are planning to hire a photographer to record it, and also (hopefully) get some good posed pics we can use for our Christmas cards, so it'd be nice if it were either in a pretty location or a walkable distance from one. The main constraint is that it has to be within DC city limits.

Any ideas? I'm completely stumped!

married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure

Re: DC location for SMALL vow renewal type thing? need suggestions!

• Options
    Lissa619Lissa619 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you want outdoors, you can use national monuments or $50.  Or, talk to your officiant for suggestions.  Mine has the option to sign papers in her office, which is in DC Proper.  HTH
  • Options
    2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might check with the Equality Center.  I'm not sure of their rates, but they seem to have very flexible space for small as well as large events.  And of course, they are fully sympathetic with those whose legal marriage is three years behind their wedding.

I only wish my home state of MD would catch up with DC!  It now recognizes our marriage (performed in MA), but still doesn't allow same-sex marriage within its borders.
  • Options
    Lauren19.Lauren19. member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The National Arboretum would be good too, by the columns. Then you can head over to H St for an indoor meal or something.
  • Options
    shatima777shatima777 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

Hi Everyone ;-)
     Are any of those places near water.. I have been looking at New York.. FOr what you pay in child care I can get a full wedding (elope package ) Which im trying to find a package for DC.. Wooo I dont want to look foward to child care $$$$.. But Yeah VA will never let the same sex weddings neither!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck and Congrats every one..Kiss

• Options
    nutella77nutella77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My bff's sister in law married her wife at the Tabard Inn and they loved it. Don't know about room fees and so forth but it's small, intimate, a great indoor space and gay friendly. Good luck with the renewal and those twins!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The brookside garden is nice.
  • Options
    razdazzlerazdazzle member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have heard really great things about the Tabard Inn - my hairdresser had her wedding there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards