DC

Entertainment during dinner

My FMIL is set on having some sort of entertaiment during dinner, I am leaning more towards the no side, but wanted to see if anyone had a great idea.  She wanted a belly dancer, but I've seen that at two weddings in the past two years and don't want to do the same old thing.  I would appreciate any ideas you have, at least I can say I tried! 

Re: Entertainment during dinner

• SwizzleStiXSwizzleStiX member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mom is hiring a magician - actually he's more of an illusionist and slight of hand guy.

I was TOTALLY against the idea at first, but after seeing his web site and photos he actually looks pretty neat - and kind of cute, haha.

We're only using him for the cocktail hour, but I know he mentioned dinner when my mom talked to him. He's also really into blending in more than being a big show (which I liked) and not taking away from the bride and groom.

His name is Josh Norris and his web site is www.joshnorris.com
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    What about a live musician that would serve her need to have entertainment, but also your need to not have something cringe-worthy?  Just as an idea, we're having a classical guitarist play Spanish/Latin guitar during our cocktail hour, but something like that could easily be included during dinner.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm having a trio play at our dinner. They can play pretty much anything you want, so if you want classical, rock, pop, they can do it. It's the St. Charles String Quartet and they are really good. So having some like that is a possibility for your dinner.
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards